jonnykillpop

anyone know what these connections are back of fuse box vr6?

Hello, got a 94 Corrado VR6, L reg., and loving it. Had fuse box out, or loose at least fitting an immobiliser, and theres about 4 or 5 VW connectors not connected, look like go into the line of single connectors on right hand side at back, looking from front, left hand side if looked from back, it's on the fuel pump relay side, behind it. There's only one lead connected, a red and yellow wire. Anybody know what they are, should I reconnect them, in what order. The only thing that's not working is the reversing lights, ABS fine, sunroof, everything, so bit of a puzzler as to what they are. The light that illuminates the rev counter has now went off, but was fine would imagine I've just loosened a connection or popped bulb when was messing about with fuse box but the other connections look like never been connected.

My electrics experience is limited to my Capri 2.8 injection so this is like the electircs on an Exocet in comparison so all advice appreciated.

Checked other threads but can't find this single batch of single connectors anywhere, it's not a multi plug,

Thanks

Probably just un-needed wires. Looms were generic so some will be for heated seats, adjustable seats aircon etc etc....... If they don't look like they've been plugged in previously, they're probably not needed mate

If everything appears to be working then don't worry as already said above there are many 'optional connectors'.

As long as everything is working fine, its ok for now. If you do have problems, or are worried, then you will need access to the plug map, and wiring diagram. If you want those, please PM me. I'll email you copies of the diagrams.