dogger

Backlit/Illuminated Gauge Face Group Buy

the other thing is that the centre bores are either too large or too small to fit the gauge pins. I ahve a set of white needles i wanted to use in my car but they're too big and unfortunately dont stay on the clock pins. Its fractions of a mm, but it makes all the difference sadly.

the other thing is that the centre bores are either too large or too small to fit the gauge pins. I ahve a set of white needles i wanted to use in my car but they're too big and unfortunately dont stay on the clock pins. Its fractions of a mm, but it makes all the difference sadly.

I know Luis who makes the needle kits has to modify the Audi needles to make them work. We have looked for a supplier to make them but typically they want minimum orders of 1000.

The E-Bay needle guy said this when I asked him about Corrado fitment...

This LED kit is universal fit. if you have the right needles , you will be just fine..

I think we'll leave it at that! £30 wasted if you order from him.

What happened to all of the people who posted on here saying they wanted to buy the gauge faces? I sent out IM's to everyone and not one response. Spent all of this time sorting out specific kits for the UK and just two guys buy them.

I'll probably sound like a time waster here, but, ah well.

I don't yet have a corrado, but I hope to getting one soon. It's a 16v, not sure if it's late or early, I expect early?

How long will these be available, I would be interested in white back lit with illuminated needles. I can confirm early or late when I get it.

The amount of group buys like these I've missed out on... Usually see them, get excited, then realise it was all over and done with 2 years before I even had the car :(

tbh this is ending up to be quite expensive as there is the gauge, led, needles costs and its getting close to £200 for it all. Initially I thought these were going to be at a lower price so now I think I will pull out. sorry mate, just dont have that amount of spare cash at mo and to make it work all the bits need to be bought.

I'll probably sound like a time waster here, but, ah well.

I don't yet have a corrado, but I hope to getting one soon. It's a 16v, not sure if it's late or early, I expect early?

How long will these be available, I would be interested in white back lit with illuminated needles. I can confirm early or late when I get it.

The amount of group buys like these I've missed out on... Usually see them, get excited, then realise it was all over and done with 2 years before I even had the car :(

This group buy will end this coming Sunday. We will be ordering a few extra kits but for UK 16v might not be likely since the response here is so poor. In fact we might not have any UK gauge faces as extra inventory. If there is enough interest we will do another group buy again in a few months.

---------- Post added at 05:55 AM ---------- Previous post was at 05:51 AM ----------

tbh this is ending up to be quite expensive as there is the gauge, led, needles costs and its getting close to £200 for it all. Initially I thought these were going to be at a lower price so now I think I will pull out. sorry mate, just dont have that amount of spare cash at mo and to make it work all the bits need to be bought.

The gauge faces are about as cheap as we can offer in fact they will go up in cost later. Sorry that the overall cost is so high with the needles. Luis offers a very fair price on his needle kits but unfortunately the availability makes the cost of the Audi needles high. We are trying to find a supplier to make needles that are not as costly.

I'm interested in one of your faces for the centre console gauges but I'm wondering if it's possible to get the design adjusted slightly. The corrado label looks a bit big to me, is there any way the font size could be reduced a bit so that it's more in keeping with the original text size?

Thanks

Mark

Having SORNd my Corrado a couple of years ago and only now getting back to either buying a different one or going down the repair route for mine, I'm only just reaeding this forum again, so only just seen this thread... Having missed the opportunity to get in on a group buy deal, I am very interested to know how much a late VR6 set consisting of the gauges, needles + centre console gauges (are there glowing red needles for this, too?) would cost?

And before I commit to white glow, I would dearly love to see them with a blue glow...

One more question - with your artwork already sent, how costly would it be for a one off at this stage? I ask because I would prefer to keep KPH on the dial for those occasions I drive in Europe.

In summary:

1> Cost for a complete set now the Group Buy is over.

2> Photo of a blue reverse glow if possible.

3> Additional costs for a new artwork to be used.

Great work, by the way. I looked into making a set up myself a number of years ago. Done my artwork exactly how I wanted it, spent ages getting all the dimensions correct to fit the existing dials. Spent ages finding the right materials I could use at home to print them myself (would have been a multi-layered technique with a lot of scissors and double sided tape!) and then fell over as soon as I started looking into the EL paper to make it glow...

The illuminated needles are made and sold separately from the gauge faces. You would need to buy them directly from Luis who makes the needle kits. His email is [email protected].

We did order some extra kits but there is no option to have anything custom done. It is not to late to specify the color since that is not artwork related. We have a speedometer that does have both MPH and km/h that is 160mph. The cost on the kits would be £79 for the cluster faces and £28 for the center guage face. Shipping is £13.

We won't be doing another group buy order until there is enough commitments for at least 20 kits. And the pricing will be the same as what is listed here. If you are interested in custom artwork please IM me to discuss it.

Here is a pic of the blue.

Indigo.jpg

Are the colours built into the dial, or are they determined by a gel between the dial and the light source? In other words, once I have one, is it something I could modify and change colours on certain parts of it myself?

Definitely wanting one of yours instead of DDI's reverse glow cluster - mainly because I have never been keen on seeing DDI where I would prefer VR6 and Corrado!

The color is part of the EL film the lights up so you would have to change the film out to change the color. The film is laser cut to fit with all of the necessary holes and such.

The main reason for making these was because I felt the same way about DDI's design and also that their logo was on them.

Sorry I haven't updated things here lately. The supplier is finishing the order this week and shipping all of the gauge faces to us shortly. I'm hoping we will be shipping the UK orders out by the middle of next week. They will be coming from my distributor in Belgium so it won't take as long as if they were coming from the US.

Here are pics of the samples we received last week. Another group buy will be started in a few weeks if there is enough interest.

IMG_40761.jpg

422715_10150704194884345_765199344_8976916_1117709585_n.jpg

422715_10150704194884345_765199344_8976916_1117709585_n.jpg

thanks for the update james looking good needle kit is also in the post

btw can you give the same service to the early heater controls

The production will be complete the end of this week. We should be shipping the UK orders out the middle of next week.

Eddy I can build custom early HVAC controls with LED illumination but we can work on doing them with EL film.

Excellent news,the illuminated needles came Saturday,and am looking forward to getting the dials,they are going to be a worthy upgrade.