jamiehamy

Someone needs sacked and charged....

What a mangled mess this is. Would love to see how they cops talk their way out of this one. Rather than speak about investigating conduct, they are focussing on changing guidelines?! Amazes me!

"A Greater Manchester Police spokesman refused to reveal details of how the crash happened.

He said that "as a result of the incident, GMP is reviewing its policy on officers test driving cars"."

Is this a 'cop' out???!!

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-england-manchester-16716617

He must have been driving like a complete and utter pillock! An excellent chassis, and 4WD and he still managed to wreck it?!

if youre going to crash it might as well do it properly!!

some what confused as to why a 'test drive' of an unmarked police car would happen at 1am though?? its only a bloody car, operates in the same way as every other one, just put the bloody thing in service.

bellends.

For 'test drive', i read 'joy-ride'.

There's accidents and sheer f=-ing stupidity. I can't see this being an accident in the true sense of the word!

For 'test drive', i read 'joy-ride'.

There's accidents and sheer f=-ing stupidity. I can't see this being an accident in the true sense of the word!

too right, we all know how it happened, but the only thing more bent than a copper is a politician.

he'll get full sick pay on us and the filth will buy another golf r on us. dont you love england

I thought coppers were taught how to drive properly? :lol:

They won't reveal what happened because he was probably over the limit.

he will probably sue vw for whiplash saying something went wrong with the car while going 155mph backwards.

I thought coppers were taught how to drive properly? :lol:

They won't reveal what happened because he was probably over the limit.

Yep standard copper policy. Doesn't take a genius to figure out he was caining it, hit a kerb and rolled it. 33k for a r too!!

Fascinated by the quote in one of the links, "Fortunately, the car, which can accelerate from 0 to 62mph in 5.7 seconds, was insured." Suggests lunatic cops speeding about in uninsured vehicles.

I used to workout at a gym where some coppers did, they liked to talk about work related stuff. One was driving a panda car and going through a red light, hit an old couple in another car seriously injuring them. He confessed to me that he was "bricking it" as he was speeding and had no blues and twos going at the time and he knew it was his fault. When it came to court he got off and the old couple were blamed! A woman PC spoke in court for him and said that, when she went on shift she was always relieved when she knew "Knob end" (not his real name) was driving as he was a fantastic driver!

I read the quote in the paper.....made me want to puke!

I used to workout at a gym where some coppers did, they liked to talk about work related stuff. One was driving a panda car and going through a red light, hit an old couple in another car seriously injuring them. He confessed to me that he was "bricking it" as he was speeding and had no blues and twos going at the time and he knew it was his fault. When it came to court he got off and the old couple were blamed! A woman PC spoke in court for him and said that, when she went on shift she was always relieved when she knew "Knob end" (not his real name) was driving as he was a fantastic driver!

I read the quote in the paper.....made me want to puke!

Don't tell me anymore, just gets me worked up...! ;)

I have an even better one than that, it involved a T5 police Volvo upside down in the pub carpark at midnight, after clipping a kerb and going airborne. It flew over a 3 foot wall and skimmed the tops of 6 cars. The two armed coppers were walking around dazed carrying Heckler&Koch weapons around their necks. I had to convince them to sit down on the wall and wait for help.

They told the newspaper it was a minor accident!

"The officer was a member of the force's automatic number plate recognition intercept team, which works to disrupt the criminal use of motor vehicles."

Criminal use of motor vehicles? hhmmmmmm

+2

I used to go out with one, stories like that were commonplace. Traffic cops are held in a god-like status within the force, especially by young WPCs........

The reality is that they are a worse driving statistic than drink-drivers. A friend of mine did work experience with the police and spent a week in the back of a traffic car. He can tell some stories, not many of them feature 'fantastic drivers'.

+2

I used to go out with one, stories like that were commonplace. Traffic cops are held in a god-like status within the force, especially by young WPCs........

The reality is that they are a worse driving statistic than drink-drivers. A friend of mine did work experience with the police and spent a week in the back of a traffic car. He can tell some stories, not many of them feature 'fantastic drivers'.

Totally agree Andy, they are not the drivers they think they are. Also why is it us mere mortals find it impossible to drive and use a mobile phone but a police driver can speak on his radio? I wish I was Superman too!

Absolute five star w4nkers, nothing else to it. Smashing the windows like that, one climbing on the roof, how could that ever be justified for a 70 year old man not wearing a seatbelt. What little respect I had is fading fast.

He failed to stop. Look at any police chase videos and failing to stop always gets the police's backs up. Sure, the punishment didn't fit the crime but he brought it upon himself FFS....