Andi

The CF Update: New design, new classifieds & more to come!

Wooo - fixed the black text in the login box problem... ;)

Just wanted to say thanks for all the work mate, the forum is a joy to use again!

I'm loving the classifieds too lol. The old system was far too complex!

:)

Couple of things I've noticed Andi ...

If you make a post and then hit one of the various links for showing new threads, it doesn't include the thread you've just posted in.

Classified posts - if someone uses a " mark for a size of alloy, for example, it's messing with the titles. I'm sure there are other characters that throw it as well, that's just one I've spotted.

Lo e the new forum and the classifieds are so good its much easier to skim through ads and see whats new for sale

Great work i must reming my self to donate

If you make a post and then hit one of the various links for showing new threads, it doesn't include the thread you've just posted in.

I spotted this too yesterday, did seem to be working ok, as sure I would have clocked it before.

I spotted this too yesterday, did seem to be working ok, as sure I would have clocked it before.

Think that's fairly common - same on my forum over at VR6OC, you won't seee your own thread but others do :)

Yep I get this too, started about a week back.

Think that's fairly common - same on my forum over at VR6OC, you won't seee your own thread but others do :)

That does not make sense - as some time later - it will apppear - usually.

Plus - some will not appear for ages and others will appear within minutes.

When you are in effect in conversation on a thread - it is very frustrating.

Plus - on the For Sale items - if your thread did not appear after you had agreed to purchase the item, but others did - who would know who actually had managed to claim the item. Oh and I located this thread on the Forum - not the new posts - aas it was not there, despite other posts coming in after mine.

Its now - 9.10pm and two responses I made to threads this morning have not reappeared at all in 'new posts.' as in the threads have not re-appeared - at all. I have not looked to see if they ar ein the Forum somewhere - this was - so guess so.

Difficult indeed for conversations. Would be good if this can be sorted.

Edited by Wendy

^^THIS^^

It always used to be that when you replied to a thread it would just go to the top of the updated threads since last visit.

Now if you post in or even look at a thread it's not visable at all unless you go into the relevant section.

Can this be changed back? Often I'll read something and want to see it again later or add a reply and it's gone.

The old way was loooooooooooads better.

Cheers then.

Baz

Have to agree with the above. I'm having to use the "quick links > Todays threads" way to find topics a lot of the time. But the problem is that the "quick links" menu doesn't always show!

Dont like to moan about the forum - havent actually done so ever tbh.

Grateful to Andi and ors who have kept it in great shape fo eons!

However, I now find the system more of a pita than it has ever been. I was trying to edit/delete Gallery posts and it did not respond

Edited by craigowl

Andi? when i try and edit a post the text box just shows up as a grey box with nothing in it, although images below are fine. Any reason for that?

I don't seem to be able to edit my own posts any more. Is this a bug or have I missed something?

---------- Post added at 2:05 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:03 PM ----------

Whoops, I hadn't read the whole thread and now it looks like I'm ignoring the two chaps above! I wasn't, honest, but I have the same problem :) A grey box replaces the edit field.

Ive had this a few times today when trying to post in threads... had to leave the thread then re enter it to be able to type in the box

Dont like to moan about the forum - havent actually done so ever tbh.

Grateful to Andi and ors who have kept it in great shape fo eons!

However, I now find the system more of a pita than it has ever been. I was trying to edit/delete Gallery posts and it did not respond

Ditto what the last 4 posters have said.

PMs & Topics affected.

Getting worse by the day.

Now managed to get pictures as references only dispite showing in the preview. Actual post just gives their reference number. Post number 15 on this topic illustrates.

http://the-corrado.net/showthread.php?63469-Major-trouble-bleeding-brakes!&p=795717#post795717

Clearly the database logging of your activity was not working how you were liking, so I've reverted back to the browser cookie-based setting.

Should be back how it was before, now... ;)

I'll talk to Toby about why pages / data submission is being slow.

That appears to have hepled with photo loading into a post.

Andi? when i try and edit a post the text box just shows up as a grey box with nothing in it, although images below are fine. Any reason for that?

Count me in for this one still.

im now getting the greyed out boxes when attempting to reply to a PM aswell... had it a couple of times on thread replys too.

i like it now, and no longer have the problems i used to moan about, and now i can use the normal link to forum rather than the "direct-the-corrado-forum.net" one

When you get a greyed out box, could you scroll to the very bottom of the page and see if the Privacy Policy icon is there and works?

Wondering if its a JavaScript conflict with that.

When you get a greyed out box, could you scroll to the very bottom of the page and see if the Privacy Policy icon is there and works?

PP icon is there and site policy accessible in short & long terms.

Andi - just to say that the 'edit thread' function is now working fine for me. Plus i like that change that you can now see your posts on the 'what's new' menu. Many thanks.

Can only post to a topic by using "Go Advanced" now.

Edit is still grey as is Quick Post.

Neither Edit or Quick Post selection work.

Similar to RW1. Can't edit old posts due to the text box being greyed out. Same with "go advance".

Privacy is present at base of the page. Though took a few attempts to open.

Tried on the mac and ipad and both the same.