swiftkid

BMC CDA for VR6

Anyone got one for sale at a reasonable price? Have got a few rado bits kicking about so if you need anything, you never know I might have it for part ex.

Cheers, Dave

Spooky. I've been looking at CDAs this afternoon as well. These are the best prices I've seen so far, just in case you can't find a s/hand one. RRP I think they're nearly £250 these days!!

Brand new - http://www.regals-motorsport.co.uk/filtration-induction/universal-air-filters/bmc-cda-carbon-dynamic-airbox-induction-kit-cda85-150-cda-85-150.html

Used for only 100 miles - http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMC-CDA-INDUCTION-KIT-CDA85-150-Vauxhall-Astra-G-2-0-16V-Turbo-/120872230074?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item1c248bdcba

Regals are the cheapest if you do decide to buy new - that's where I got mine.

As well as the 85-150 kit you'll need a bit of silicone hose to attach it to the MAF - 83mm inner diameter by 100mm long works well. You need a jubilee clip at the MAF end but the CDA end will be very snug, might need a bit of wiggling but it will fit :)

Stone

Got mine from eBay two weeks ago and as stone jag said got a silicon pipe as well as a new bracket strap from regal as the one it came with was only about 3 inches long! Paid 95 delivered if it helps.

Got mine from eBay two weeks ago and as stone jag said got a silicon pipe as well as a new bracket strap from regal as the one it came with was only about 3 inches long! Paid 95 delivered if it helps.

Where did you mount it then? I used less than an inch of my perforated mounting strip; bored out the end hole slightly and tucked it onto the top bolt for the aux belt tensioner. Probably better attached to the strut tower as I've seen others do though - if you don't do the tensioner bolt up tightly enough the belt squeaks and you have to remove and refit the lot to tighten it...

Stone

Hi dude just spoke to mate he is using it for now I'll let you know if he changes his mind

soz dude

This is what I bought chaps

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/BMC-CDA-Filter-Retaining-Bracket-Support-Hanger-SPF200K-/170797855904?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item27c45874a0

I mounted it onto the tubes running above the tensioner. Been on over 2 weeks and so far no squeaks or rattles. I did put jubilee clips on both ends of the silicon extender too which might help.

2012-03-03130302.jpg

I'd recommend a rubberised or sprung mounting wherever you place it. Admittedly, my car is a tad on the stiff side but I've had 3 steel mounting brackets shear off. About to try a rubber mount.

Ahh nuts, just bought one Fuzzer! Thanks for the offer anyway, I'll ask my other VR mates if anyone wants a bmc hehe!