Pat_McCrotch

Argh! What to do? (mobile phone)

Cracked the screen on my iPhone last week and thought I would have a go at replacing it myself. Big mistake as I ripped off the connector on the motherboard and I now have a iPhone that's useless.

Spoke to Orange and they say I can't upgrade until May 10th and that if I want to upgrade early to another phone i'll have to pay £110!!

Was going to go to Tesco and buy a cheap phone for a tenner until May 10th but they are all locked to Tesco PAYG :(

I fancy another Blackberry to be honest. Can anyone recommend somewhere I can buy one that isn't locked? Or recommend any other phone?

Edited by Pat_McCrotch

I'm sure I saw a sign in Tesco the other day advertising unlocked phones for very little. Could be wrong but I'll pay more attn next time I'm there

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

If you have a market in town there is usually a stall that unlocks them for a fiver. Or check out second hand contract phones on ebay etc.

Just go to an Apple Store, hand over 10 sheets and walk out with another iPhone. Or if your bank account has mobile insurance, use it! :D

Just go to an Apple Store, hand over 10 sheets :D

£50 sheets? :lol:

---------- Post added at 8:49 PM ---------- Previous post was at 8:46 PM ----------

if you hadn't of phoned orange and told them, you could of taken out insurance and claimed on that, but even thats quite a few quid a month and then a surcharge and its also fraud :lol:

Broken iphones fetch quite a bit of money on ebay, i'd buy any old used phone on ebay to use for now, sell the broken iphone and wait till may.

Have you tried taking the phone to an independent shop ? It might be cheaper then you think to fix it !

Market traders sometimes do it

I bought an Acer liquid metal from expansys.com and it's brilliant!

£140 has all the features you would want and runs gingerbread android software.

It's network unlocked too.

Argos? plenty of cheap pones to get you to May.

£50 sheets? :lol:

Nah, if you're on a contract, you can get a new handset for 100 quid. Or if you're a girl and flutter your eyelids and wobble your bottom lip, you can get one for free.