larceny fink

Wheel suggestions for a Corrado virgin

Hi people, 1st time Corrado owner from Norfolk. Plumped for the VR6, 1994 M reg. Owned for 1 whole week.

I have the original 15" Speedline 6.5J wheels with 205/50/15 tyres which I don't mind to much to be fair, but maybe there is something else out there that would be 'perfect' if you know what I mean. Not looking for anything to big or 'blingy' - 16 or 17 inch would be as big as I want. If anyone can recommend something tasteful and that would fit with no rubbing or putting speedo miles out that would be great and much appreciated.

Hello and welcome to CF! How has your first week of ownership been? Still grinning?!!

Wow, what a question that is! Difficult to answer as it's all down to taste but you could look through the Members Gallery section and see what other people have gone for. Various BBS wheels seem to be pretty popular and in my eyes, add a nice OEM+ look. I really like Speedlines and also Solitudes which came on Storms but my favourites are 17" BBS RX which I have on mine. I like the look of them - I don't think they are fussy or over the top, plus there aren't fiddly bits to clean! I'm sure you'll get plenty of replies with other opinions too.

Make sure you get a thread started in the Members Gallery and post some pics so we can all see what you've bought :)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bbs rx do have a oem look about them and are rather smart. if your going to use them all year round or as a daily be wary of split rims and chrome finishes they generally need more taking care especially in the winter months.

Personally I'm swayed towards borbet a's subtle but special

Thanks for the replies and yes, still grinning - especially now I got the rear wheel bearing done that was making a noise when I bought it, can hear that engine properly now.

I am watching a set of BBS RX alloys on ebay at the mo as it happens, in 16" though - don't know if they would look better as 17's, was bit wary of putting speedo out maybe??

16" rx's are a good choice, 17s look great but dont ride anywhere near as well.. if you can get the RX2's from a mk3 golf they're 7" wide.

good to hear you're enjoying the car (and watching some RXs!) :)

If you're worried about putting the speedo out, you could have a look at an online tyre size calculator like this one. I don't think the difference is much.

ive got a lovely set of rh cups in 17" about to go up for sale ;) even got some pcd adaptors for rado's lmao