Sign in to follow this  
Andi

The Admin: Passat W8 4motion (pg10)

Well, mine is a '94 VR6, in Blackberry metallic, with grey leather interior.

Electric, heated, recaro's, everything else electric, as per usual, plus the added bonus of aircon.

Some other rare features: head-lamp washers and protectors.

I've added a Stoeve Motorsport induction kit, to release the VR6 beast :)

Current mileage, 178k - but full VW history and is often mistaken for under 78k miles :D

Now sporting 17inch Audi RS4-replica wheels after some "nice person" decided to come round a blind corner in the middle of the road, giving me the option to hit him head on, or the curb. I chose the curb and buckled both left alloys, ripping the tyres off the wheels.

Currently on original suspension. No plans to lower, since too many speed-bumps around my area.

Well, I keep mentioning it, so here's my MX5...

H-reg ('91) with 63k miles on the clock :)

And to say its "modified" is, erm, an understatement :lol:

It will quite happily hit the rev. limiter in 5th.

And comes into it own when throwing it into corners, roundabouts, etc.

And the flames, they are due to the aggresive engine timing - give a lot more poke at higher revs, only drawback, flames out the exhaust... damn! :wink:

Not quite a hair-dressers car now! :shock:

another nice moter andi!

where do you live again? :wink:

when do you get to drive the mazda?

I live in Surrey..

And I don't drive the MX5 at the moment, since I can't afford all the insurance, so that lives in the garage and gets a blast most weekends by my Dad. He loves the car - so does my mum!!

Slightly surreal seeing my parents driving my mod'd up mota'! :lol:

just make sure they drive reponsibly :lol:

you don't want them to have to learn the hard way :D

Pic of the alloys for those who asked.

Think next time I'll put 215s on as the 205s look a little stretched.

Vey nice mate. That colour is sweet..... Its got to be on eof the best colours.

The mazda seems like a nice change, get the wind in your hair and feel the rear of the car just behind you snaking around. I am a big fan of convertibles. Even thought about buying a M1 H plate tidy Golf GT1 as a summer car or something.

Probably see you on the 24 if you are there which im sure you will be., I need to throw you some cash for the forum to help you out!

It'd be nice if we can try and arrange some kind of way of getting all the Corrado Forum guys together, as I will definately be there on the 24th.

Could do the usual thing and try and meet by my Gold Saxo, as its not as confusing as saying "Well what does Bob or Freds Corrado look like???" :)

Probably see you on the 24 if you are there

Nope, I'll be in Spain 8)

The chin-spoiler is the standard 50mm VR6 one.

I have pondered about putting the 90mm one on as I don't want to lower the car at the moment...

If there's anyone with a 90mm chin spoiler but a lowered car, and would like a swap - let me know.

Its not in great condition, and there's a slight bit of overspray, but I would clean that off before the swap :)

Andi,

The Car looks gorgeous, just hope i can find one the same colour! Is the air con an after market item? and if so who fits it? have asked someone who used to work at VW and he cant remember it being a factory option

It is aftermarket, and wasn't a VW option, but some dealers had it fitted to the car at the buyer's request.

The irony, I'd love a black VR...

Good luck with your search.

Well, 19 months on from the start of this thread, and here she is still....

Body work could do with a little TLC and the wheels have seen the side of the road a few too many times :oops: but I think she's not doing bad for knocking on the door of 200,000miles!

glad to see its still allive and kicking after 200k

have you had much engine work done?? dreaded chains? what about all your other problems...for a while all your posts were full of pics of the RAC picking your car up!!

His engine is all orginal as far as we can tell..... I asked him the same question at Inters and I was very surprised as it sounded the same as mine with less than half the mileage!

wow... very impressive..funny how some chains wear and some dont then??? !! prob just to do with how often the oil has been done or something simple like that!

Yup, as far as I can work out, its all original. Receipts only go back to about 130k, but I'd be suprised if they had been done before that, I have the VW service records prior to that (just mileage and dates) and all seemed ok.

She still pulls like a train and doesn't burn much oil at all.

There's a small list of things I need to do at the mo (heater matrix is one! :() and it seems the trips on the RAC trucks are always something about £40 to fix. I should count myself lucky really.

wow... very impressive..funny how some chains wear and some dont then??? !! prob just to do with how often the oil has been done or something simple like that!

The tensioners are oil pressure regulated rather than a spring, so it all depends on the oil. Ireckon it's all down to regular oil changes and not thrashing from cold.

It's nice to see another C with headlight washers, but I must say I've never seen a C with headlight protectors! 8) Are they a VW fit jobby or after market? Shame they didn't do them for the fogs as well :roll:

It's nice to see another C with headlight washers, but I must say I've never seen a C with headlight protectors! 8) Are they a VW fit jobby or after market? Shame they didn't do them for the fogs as well :roll:

That's on the list to fix. They whirr, but no water anymore. I'll get round to that one day...

And I have no idea about the protectors... I'll try and find a VW logo on them at some point when I next remember! I've not seen them before either, so maybe aftermarket.

There's a small list of things I need to do at the mo (heater matrix is one! :() and it seems the trips on the RAC trucks are always something about £40 to fix. I should count myself lucky really.

LOL, yeah I remember you saying you had a rather cold journey down to inters and your B&Q bypass was class :lol:

What did you clean the car with Andi... did you polish it? Looks a treat in those pictures mate :)