Sign in to follow this  
Andi

The Admin: Passat W8 4motion (pg10)

I met Andi a few months back as he's on my door step. We went out in it and the engine still sounds sweet and so did the popping exhaust :D

Yeah mine pops nicely too, although that could be partly related to the dying MAF, tired plugs, crappy HT leads, or dying fuel pump :roll: oh well, good as new soon :)

I was on your doorstep, daves16v, but I've moved back down south now since it went a bit Pete Tong up there... Oh well.

She's only really popped since the Milltek went on. So its all Pete M/16VG60's fault, since he fitted it :)

And jimsG60, I got the local refugees at the hand car wash to do it... :lol:

I have no idea what the pink liquid they use - but it does shine it up nicely! Even though the last time she was washed was probably before Inters!!! :oops:

Well, its been a long time coming, but I can finally afford to give the daily hack some TLC.

The B&Q bypass is finally going to get removed, and the matrix fixed - but whilst its all out, I'll get a little extra added. I'm sure you can guess what.... 8)

Then next year its time for the wheel refurb, full body dust-over, then some engine TLC care of V-Werks, as a new project I'm sure they'll love to do.

202,000 miles? Pah, it's just loosening up!

I've said it before Andi - one of my favourite C's.

One of the best colours .... every option under the sun ..... and it's still going strong at over 200k miles!!

May not be a show stopper, but it gets my admiration 8)

You wait 'til next summer's shows...... she'll be ready :)

Superb work Andi, makes me sad to see mine as filthy as it is, but I'm working so freakin' much I've not been at home when it's been light, let alone warm for weeks :(

And nice new set of Avatars/Sig Tom 8)

Right, she's getting some TLC this year (2005 that is) to get her back to her former glory for the summer.

First up - finally fixed the following:

- no air to feet

- fan only works on 4

- no hot air (matrix blown)

.......in one swoop with..... CLIMATE CONTROL.

Unplug it from a Passat. Plug it into the Corrado. Or something like that.... hehehe. I mean, it took him ages, but I don't see why... (Only joking mate!)

Jay Renshaw was kind enough to grace my car with his magic, so here is the second Corrado in the country with Climate Control in the C dash (and the last - he said never again!) plus the nice edition of RED switches for the controls ;)

To do: Dials - thats January, when they arrive ;) Going for blue-background LCD (like the climate control (and also my Road Angel 2), with illuminescent dials, a la DDI Group Buy :)

Yes, it uses the already-in-place Davia aircon system, as well as a passat wiring loom, ducting, and of course, panel.

The Davia Norm / Max buttons still function - so much so that the recirc. and ECON buttons on the panel don't function, as the Davia system controls that, rather than the panel.

It's not a quick job. It took Jay, and this was his second time, 70+ hours to do?! I'm guessing there, but its a lot of work. There's some fabrication involved too. I'm not the best person to ask, as I didn't do it - but Jay is now away until the New Year.

Whilst the dash was out though, I've had the majority of the electrics re-wired too, he said that it was a bit of a mess back there! ;)

Stereo is now a lot more punchier and clearer now it sports a nice fat live wire and good grounding! 200k mile rehashed-many-a-time stereo wiring was probably not the most effecient! 8)

That, my good man, is a top job.

Now that I've managed to dispose of my C, it seems that you have the rarest collection of bits on your C by far 8)

Wow.. nice Andi! You lucky sod!

Can't wait to see how the Corrado looks after its all been tarted up this year.. in fact I still haven't met you OR seen your motor yet!

its so nice not having to carefully turn the corrado dials incase they break!

LOL... 2 years on, I still cringe turning the heater vent onto the screen :lol:

its so nice not having to carefully turn the corrado dials incase they break!

LOL... 2 years on, I still cringe turning the heater vent onto the screen :lol:

its the early style sliders that have got to be worse - mine dont move easily and i'm waiting to hear a snap some day

its the early style sliders that have got to be worse - mine dont move easily and i'm waiting to hear a snap some day

Trust me mate - the early ones are alot better!

Well, I installed the smoked In-Pro's today.

Started peeing it down just as I crimped the last wire, so they're not quite lined up correctly and no photo yet.

I've booked the car in for my driver's side wing to be resprayed and blended, plus I'm having the 'Corrado' badge removed from the rear (as rust is bubbling up under the spiked bit) and de-rusted then smoothed and resprayed.

All whilst I'm at work and for £250.

Not bad I thought...