Stonejag

Scrapyard find - 1988 Flash Red 16V

Found this rather sad example after accidentally going to the wrong scrapyard for some Audi handles :lol: Looks like something hit it hard on the nearside and punted into something solid on the offside...

Stu and I had a whole bunch of parts out of it but very little from the engine bay. If you can see it in this pic it's still there...

sad-corrado.jpg

Things that are definitely gone/knackered:

Spoiler control module

Both doors unusable

Front splitter cracked

Dashboard hacked up

Door cards both smashed

Driver's door handle missing - passenger's poorly colour-coded but usable

Side rubbing strips mangled

Rear bumper cracked

Gearstick gaiter + knob

Steering column

Window mechs

Offside headlamp

Front fogs + indicators

Rear inner light clusters

All trim clips, binnacle screw covers etc gone

Sunroof motor + switch

Parcel shelf

Still there:

Roof mouldings - unknown condition, there's a Mk2 Golf on top...

Nearside headlamp

Slam panel

Front bumper

Outer rear lights

Good tailgate with glass and spoiler

Cloth interior in reasonable nick

Clocks - excellent condition, showing 125k approx

Front wings (looked ok)

Sunroof motor cover

Sunroof (under the Golf somewhere...)

Engine + gearbox

Big lumps of dash, undertrays etc

Wiring looms

Central locking pump

Fusebox

Miraculously, both front windows!

Steering wheel (poor condition, leather)

Two excellent wing mirrors with wiring looms

Stu and I intend to return on Friday to get the quarter glasses, roof mouldings and sunroof (maybe the hatch) - let one of us know before then if there's anything you'd like us to look out for and we'll see what we can do :) Same yard also has an automatic Mk3 VR6 with aircon (2.8 though, obviously, and the Climatronic panel's gone) and tons of A4s and A6s to get door handles off so if there's anything left when we get back I'll post up the location :)

Stone

Edited by Stonejag

Hi I'm looking for the fuse box cover and wiper motor cover can you check for me thanks my one is vr6 thanks

Haha....1993/1994....haha....since when has an F-plate been that young Nick..?

Besides Nick's slight over sight, still plenty left off a car that is clearly never seeing the road again.

Parts prices are unfortunately at the mercy of the breakers which seem like quite an organised affair so I wouldn't expect any ridiculous bargains for large items.

Drop either of us a PM for info/requests etc etc...

Didn't you need a new slam panel Nick?

For a late model, this is an early one...trust me, all the bits I needed that could come off this one have already gone ;)

Grab the top rad mount brackets for me if you get a chance :)

Sure, shouldn't be too pricey either.

Haha....1993/1994....haha....since when has an F-plate been that young Nick..?

Since I misread the Wiki page! I thought they were first released in 1989 but obviously 1988 was correct :)

how much for the drivers side window buddy, please pm

PM sent.

Stone

Since I misread the Wiki page! I thought they were first released in 1989 but obviously 1988 was correct :)

This explains your error completely ;)

Oh, shush. :p

If nobody claims the rear quarter panels I'll be cutting repair strips out of the rear arches, so do let me know if you want them as I'd prefer them to go whole. The side mirrors appear to be in good condition too - nobody need a spare?

Stone

Hi mate, If it's not to late is the Over run cut off valve there - should be a grey thing attached to bottom of airbox with a couple of pipes going to it and a 2 wire plug. Could do with one for my Mk2 16v. If it's there i'll have it, PM me price or text/ring 07930 273025

Cheers

Reg is/was after today's escapades -> F309 AAB

Really looking sorry for itself after the scrap yard proceeded to move it and then loose it and then move it again for us twice with a fork life through the windscreen.

Tears were shed...well....almost laughter at the JCB's drivers disregard for health and safety.

Stu

Interesting, thanks for confiriming. Press cars were F238BVV to F245BVV so wasn't one of them! I might go and check whether they're still oon the road, but can't really be bothered :lol:

Hi mate, If it's not to late is the Over run cut off valve there - should be a grey thing attached to bottom of airbox with a couple of pipes going to it and a 2 wire plug. Could do with one for my Mk2 16v. If it's there i'll have it

The airbox has gone but I'll be going back tomorrow to have another crack at the quarter windows so I'll have a look. There are 3-4 Mk1s and Mk2s in the same yard so I'll have a spy at them if I get a chance.

Some knob peeked at the engine for ten seconds while we were working on it and then slammed the bonnet - it wasn't mint anyway but the release cable had gone so we had to crowbar it back open and dented the wings and slam panel :( What remains of the body is very poor now so I'll be having repair panels out of the arches tomorrow after getting the windows out. The sunroof and roof strips turned out to be damaged beyond repair, but the rear bumper and two outer rear lights are still in good condition, as are the door mirrors and clocks. If nobody wants them I'll leave them there though.

Stone

Does this car have the 2 hoses to the heater matrix in on piece or have they been cut to fit the safety valve?

Thanks!

Just spent six hours removing both quarter windows and got thrown out as they were closing :lol:

Sorry Kip, didn't see your message until just now. The hoses were still there when I left but I didn't make a close inspection so couldn't tell you what state they were in.

Although it did once have manual windows the mechs have gone, as has the headlight switch (I can recommend the reproduction ones on the forum though).

Stone

Just came from that scrapy..

Theres not much from the car left.

Ive taken front wiper assembly and pot from throtle body