jimmybricks

how to change a door??

hi

I have to change the whole drivers door on my corrado and just wonered if there is a guide or link on here anywhere or has anyone done it and can advise me how?

cheers

The bolts are common sense. Think there are 4 painted ones, then there are the two that connect to the rod (one above, one below).

The loom is a nightmare! Doorcard off and plenty of patience, grazed knuckles etc. You have to undo every plug and then carefully feed them around and eventually up through the hole with the rubber boot. Sometimes it will seem like the plugs are too big and keep getting snagged, but they will all go through with patience.

The bolts are common sense. Think there are 4 painted ones, then there are the two that connect to the rod (one above, one below).

The loom is a nightmare! Doorcard off and plenty of patience, grazed knuckles etc. You have to undo every plug and then carefully feed them around and eventually up through the hole with the rubber boot. Sometimes it will seem like the plugs are too big and keep getting snagged, but they will all go through with patience.

Yep, exactly my experience :)

Put a jack under the door first, to support its weight. Then as said above. Don't put the card back on until you're happy all the functions are working. Allow a full day if swapping all bits over. You may need rivets and a rivet gun if you're changing the motors over.

Best of luck.