Sign in to follow this  
Rpmayne

VR6 will not run when hot, why???

Thought I had solved this problem but this morning it was doing exactly the same thing even when it was cold. Anyway after a little wd40 on the throttle spring (what's it called?) it seems fine. Either this worked or I inadvertently moved a loose connection but it starts ok now. That's about the limit of my diy on cars!

mine wouldn't start when hot, and would need to cool down first, got the ignition switch changed and haven't had the problem since (touch wood).

if all else fails its only 20 quid for a new one, and they regularly go

Got the car back from VW last night working!! They found one of the temperature senders was reading 109deg. constantly which they said wouldn't help, and the laserline alarm had been fitted by monkeys. The connections to the car are apparently pretty bad, and the circuit breaking the supply to the ECU had disconnected itself. Its been resoldered and touch wood it should be ok now. They did recommend getting another alarm fitted though, think I'll leave that until the credit card cools down abit.

Had a good run this morning, still only using upto 4000rpm and half throttle when warm, but still plenty for overtaking, and forgot how smoothly it does it too. :-P

All it came don to was a simple f***ing FUEL PUMP RELAY none of the bods on this sodding site even think of simple things like that just like me or my mechanic.The mechanic said he didnt check the relay cos they're fine or knackered. The case was it was sticking so only giving me fuel now and again. Anyway just try

FUEL PUMP RELAY or/and

IGNITION SWITCH

Job done !!!