VR6

Isle of Man TT - On now!

Just a quick heads up if you're into motorsport and bikes in particular. Pretty decent (HD) coverage of today's racing now on ITV4. Only the 600's at the moment but still fairly quick.

Will also be on Weds and Fri for coverage of the last two days of racing. Get it set to record :)

Attracts a lot of worldwide interest - Mark Webber was here at the weekend watching the racing :) Rossi was here last year.

I live here and I've grown up around the racing. It still absolutely amazes me what these guys do though.

Not an ITV fan as a rule, but the coverage is very good indeed. They get the serious/nerd balance spot on.

Saw the side cars last night. Kind of got distracted by the Jubilee celebrations tonight, but back on it for the rest of the coverage.

Fancy another trip over next year. Last time I visited I met John Surtees in the paddock.

Nerves of steel them lads.

Love the TT its been set for series record since the start :)

---------- Post added at 9:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 9:11 AM ----------

Agreed the people that do this are just fantastic. 180mph down village roads 2 foot away from buildings!!!

Amazing

I think the actual coverage is done for ITV by a local firm called Greenlight. But I agree it's pretty damn good.

How they get round 37 miles of track with over 200 corners on public roads and average 130+ mph is just astonishing.

Some of the CF guys have come over before - think the last trip was a couple of years ago.

There are quite a lot of car clubs that have an annual trip over here though. Evo's, Porsche, TVR, Caterhams. It works out fairly pricey due to the ferry but you get 37 miles of track, no speed limits in a lot of places and it's free! But there's more to the IOM than just that - there's plenty to get out and see.