dickie

Vw motorsport vr6 VSR inlet manifold

Hi, this has taken me over a year to decide to write this advert as loved how my old vr6 drove with this fitted!

Where do i start, this is a very rare opportunity to own one of these manifolds. I bought my old vr6 just because it had this fitted, it was my 1st vr so didnt have another to compare it to but now having owned a normal vr I can now say how much of a difference this makes. Gives great low down pull through the gears, different sound to a normal vr also.

This was fully working when removed, comes with manifold, ecu (mk3 obd1) I believe remapped to match by storm or stealth ill check the receipt, green bottle, inlet pipe, throttle body, ill also throw in the loom as I believe its had an extra plug put in for the controller on the green bottle(?)

This was making 207bhp on the 2.8 vr6 in my old golf, this was without a 6 branch or decat so with those smaller mods could make considerably more!

I was going to have it painted to be more like original as its been polished in the past and wasn't my thing really. It looks to have had a small repair on the top front at sometime but this in no way effects its performance in any way. Unfortunately it didnt have the vwmotorsport cover along the front.

I'm looking to get £1400 for the set up.

Heres some pics

016.jpg

017.jpg

018-1.jpg

019-1.jpg

Forgive my ignorance, but you don't see a lot of these! What's the green bottle for, vacuum accumulator?

Stone

I'm not 100%, I'm sure there's some knowledgable person who may come along and enlighten us!

My opinion is mate, its just too much money, not saying its not worth it, but when you can buy a schrick for £700-800 why would you pay double for the VSR ?

Good luck anyway mate, i would be interested to see what it does go for...

i slighty disagree with the above yes the schricks are cheaper BUT they were designed mainly for the GOLF VR they will fit the Rado but a bit of hacking of the bonnet is required :(, you dont have to take it off to get at the spark plugs, its the real deal as VW Motorsport/Pierburg produced it, the VSR are rare very rare with about 500 made before VW accountants stopped it, most went to the american market!!! its all what some ones willing to pay, if it was original with all the stickers all the parts including the top coverr , pipes etc ecu chip, foR IT then its about the right price ive seen some go for alot less and some go for up to £2k, il love one if i had the money ;)

all the best

Langers

Edited by Chris Langdon

Yeah - the VSR is rarer and definitely worth the extra over a Schrick. For a start you can leave it in place when you change the spark plugs...

Mmm just giving my opinion thats all, what with the economic situation at the moment and all.

I suppose if it is so rare someone will bite his hand off..........saving 1hrs work when you change your plugs wouldn't convince me i was getting a good deal, im not trying to be negative just realistic.

I suppose having a VSR v VGI debate on someones for sale thread may not be the wisest debate i have ever instigated, but i did wish the seller luck with the sale.

Someone will come along and buy it im sure, just to shut me up........

Edited by daleyboy

Not at all.. you're entitled to your viewpoint of course :)

I do want to buy one and would like to get one some day - not only for the fact that it helps make the VR6 even better but just because it's a nice rare piece of OE equipment.. and there isn't much of that for the VR6 beyond what was fitted at the factory :)

If I wasn't saving up for a respray, I would have had it!

Mmm just giving my opinion thats all, what with the economic situation at the moment and all.

I suppose if it is so rare someone will bite his hand off..........saving 1hrs work when you change your plugs wouldn't convince me i was getting a good deal, im not trying to be negative just realistic.

I suppose having a VSR v VGI debate on someones for sale thread may not be the wisest debate i have ever instigated, but i did wish the seller luck with the sale.

Someone will come along and buy it im sure, just to shut me up........

Completely agree mate. You can buy an R32 setup for the same money and that has a genuine VW VSR manifold as standard :D

just from looking at the pictures isn't there supposed to be a seperate smaller control module aswell, doesn't seem to be in the pictures. Also does anyone know if this can used effectively without that control module?

Very infrequently. The price reflects the rarity value rather than the value of the gains in torque.

However something to consider is that while such parts are rare the market for them must decrease at some point because there will be a declining number of healthy 12v VR6 engines to put them on. The same applies to other rare parts such as Recaros with less and less cars available to put them in.

WouldI buy this if I had the money? Yes, because I like owning rare things.

Do I have the money? No.

However something to consider is that while such parts are rare the market for them must decrease at some point because there will be a declining number of healthy 12v VR6 engines to put them on. The same applies to other rare parts such as Recaros with less and less cars available to put them in.

Its a niche market within a niche market and that market is dwindling as you say, and what with people being scared of losing their jobs £1400 is a lot of money, that was what the original point was.

I thought i may had inadvertently started a row, that wasn't my intention, so i appreciate the responses....... :wave:

Its a niche market within a niche market and that market is dwindling as you say, and what with people being scared of losing their jobs £1400 is a lot of money, that was what the original point was.

I thought i may had inadvertently started a row, that wasn't my intention, so i appreciate the responses....... :wave:

I think what you've done is made people aware about a great bit of kit this guy is selling.

Best of luck with the sale

I think what you've done is made people aware about a great bit of kit this guy is selling.

Best of luck with the sale

I have no problem with that at all, point is if its so great why hasn't someone bought it ?

Sorry to add to the noise, but frankly I think it's pretty rude for folks to wade in one someone's "for sale" thread with a load of comments about the value of the item and so on. The seller is trying to advertise his item. It's none of anyone else's business how much he thinks the item is worth - people can make their own minds up.

I suggest the mods clean this thread up or split the discussions about the merits of the VSR into another thread..

We used to have static for sale posts, and the forum at large decided it preferred For Sale threads to be open and where such discussions could take place. As far as I'm concerned this can all stay.. you guys wanted threads to be open, and this is what happens :)