dickie

Vw motorsport vr6 VSR inlet manifold

I have no problem with that at all, point is if its so great why hasn't someone bought it ?

Again it's the high price compared with current car values = not everyone has this sort of cash sitting around but the last one on here took a while to sell and eventually want to someone in Dubia who paid the asking price... it's a rare bit of kit and getting rarer, would be good if someone off here bought it and kept it in the UK - for me it's the ultimate factory mod for a Storm owner, a standard car really is transformed with one of these fitted!

We will if the OP wants us to but not at YOUR request.

Miaow.. lol

Of course it's the OP's choice, but if I were him I'd be ****ed off if the first response to my for sale post was to criticise the product and its price, that's all.

Especially as you're being a hypocrite.

I did apologise for adding to the noise .. ;)

---------- Post added at 2:04 PM ---------- Previous post was at 2:03 PM ----------

We used to have static for sale posts, and the forum at large decided it preferred For Sale threads to be open and where such discussions could take place. As far as I'm concerned this can all stay.. you guys wanted threads to be open, and this is what happens :)

Fair enough. Will leave it up to the OP to express his opinion, I guess it's important that people know they can ask for this type of stuff if they prefer.

So Glad im Back on the forum! i kinda missed all these corrado related debate sessions! BRAVO :dance:

(keep them open, not for the fact people can argue, but its good for general questions, also saves time as a question many may have need only be answered once and everyone can see it, so it saves time and creates an efficient thread, even if extremely vulnerably to arguments and heated discussions! its all good fun though!)

also IMO the manifold is sick mate! dont change the price get as much as you can for it! thats what anyone else would do if it was them selling it, whether they admit that or not! Besides, its sick! and if i had the spare cash i would snap it up!

Again it's the high price compared with current car values = not everyone has this sort of cash sitting around but the last one on here took a while to sell and eventually want to someone in Dubia who paid the asking price... it's a rare bit of kit and getting rarer, would be good if someone off here bought it and kept it in the UK - for me it's the ultimate factory mod for a Storm owner, a standard car really is transformed with one of these fitted!

was that the one you bro in law had?? it was perfect i wish i had the money :(

Is this just a plug and play mod then....? should it have a cover on it with VSR on it...?

It's a good price just a case of the right buyer coming along, as said can take a little time. Even the schrick manifolds can hang around and when several come on the market they get snapped up sharpish.

I'm happy that its caused a stir between people and by no means am i worried about the comments on a for sale thread.

I know its a small market that i'm aiming at but thought i'd offer it to people that could appreciate it on here, next move is its going to be advertised in the u.s via dogger on here and see how that goes but would like someone in the uk to get the enjoyment out of it that i had!

I'm also aware that its a lot of money but it is what it is and very hard to come by at any price.

In answer to the question c5oem this is just a bolt on, maybe an extra plug to put into the loom(not sure) but will come with a vr6 loom from a mk3 aswell. It should have a vw motorport cover on the front but didnt have it when i bought the car and took a bit of research to find out what this manifold was as didnt know too much about it being my 1st vw vr6.

This has great advantages over the scrick, oe modification, original vw motorsport part, no silly taking inlet off to do routine maintenance etc.

I will consider close offersand don't mind posting worldwide.

I know i have gone on a bit about it, im glad you have taken it in your stride.

Good luck mate, i hope you get what you want for it..... :D

I think its very healthy to be able to debate these things and don't think it has at all hindered sale.

I don't believe it's the high price which has hindered the sale, it's the fact the market is very limited.

I disagree that a limited market means price drops though, especially with the likes of Recaros.

They will wear at just as high a rate as Corrados, and there will be less available in the future, especially cloth.

Good luck with the sale and with conversation bumping the thread I'm sure it'll go to the right home soon.

A thought occurs: Weren't the original VSR mapped ECUs dizzy only? As Chris said, the VSR never appeared on the Corrado. Only early Golfs before VW pulled the plug on it.

I'm not sure.. I've certainly seen plenty of coilpack VR6's running them successfully.. not sure if special tweaks have been required to get them there though!

Yes, Mr Fish speaks the truth.

The only "seamless" VSR config uses the one particular model of OBD1 ECU that provides the switch over output line - later ones do not and have to rely on the Schrick controller to do the RPM-based switching. And yes, that ECU was tied to a distributor-fed car. The actual VSR package was the vacuum gear, manifold itself, and a chip that would only work in that particular type of ECU.

Anyone running any other combination is probably using the Schrick controller.

yep they're need modifying but this isnt a problem, stealth should be able to sort u out. Another piece of advise is to make sure the flap in the manifold works ok ;) again think Vince can make these's up as he has used to have some template

ttfn

Langers;)

Edited by Chris Langdon

This was on a vr with coilpacks, theres receipts for work at stealth so may have been modified by them to run. Flab moves very freely.

This was on a vr with coilpacks, theres receipts for work at stealth so may have been modified by them to run. Flab moves very freely.

Run fat boy Run!!

Sorry, just some light humour :o

See, what started out as a debate about the price has now turned into useful advice :D

There's still time for it spiral downwards........

Funnily enough my flab also moves quite freely, i dont think stealth could modify that.:nono:

I think dickie didn't understand what he was letting himself in for.........

Edited by daleyboy

Vince @ Stealth can sort out anything you need for your VSR

He has the pattern for making up the flap mechanism (doesn't make it himself though but can have it fabricated). My VSR didn't come with anything so I sourced an rpm controlled switch (£30 from USA) and Vince got me the vacuum flask (Mk2 Golf) and couple of other small bits.

If I ever sold mine I'd be after circa £1300 (all new parts) so reckon price of yours dickie is getting there. Only issue I would say is the lack of the VW Motorsport cover.

Mine runs fine on 1995 car as well.

GLWS

All best

Matt

Edited by Leonard

If I ever sold mine I'd be after circa £1300 (all new parts) so reckon price of yours dickie is getting there. Only issue I would say is the lack of the VW Motorsport cover.

I was going to ask that how easy would it be to get hold of the cover?

i was going to look at having one made, believe g23 engineering would be able to do this. Was going to have it original but with a little twist to make it custom, wasnt sure what exactly though! Think this would be the easiest and most cost effective way of sorting this.

i was going to look at having one made, believe g23 engineering would be able to do this. Was going to have it original but with a little twist to make it custom, wasnt sure what exactly though! Think this would be the easiest and most cost effective way of sorting this.

Would be relatively easy for a fabrication company I am sure.

Let me know if you would like any photos or dimensions

Matt