Sign in to follow this  
daves16v

I had some money....spent it on wheels!!

Halfords have got 20% off again...........so..........I ordered some lovely OZ alloys today mmmmmmmmmm :D :D :D

Got a cool £150 off :wink: NIce!

I'll post some pics when I get em, should get em by Friday.

They're doing "buy one get one free" on all turtle wax cleaniing products this weekend too...

Which OZ rim did you go for?

ok guys......they are OZ Record, 16x7. They are new for 2004 and my guess is that they are possibly the replacement for the OZ Cronos as they are very similar.

Nice... 8) I'm a big fan of OZ wheels... I think I'd get a set similar if I didn't have my Borbet C collection.... ;) :)

i thought you didnt like the ride of after market wheels? the difference of 16 and 17 inch wheels wont make much difference??

incidentally i am now running on those koni spings and they feel fine. maybe you got a duff set??

I didn't like the ride of the 17's, I also had suspicions about the tyres, they may have been a hard compund. I was told they can make a big difference. The ride on my 15's is ok but did like the bigger wheel look so I'm trying to compromise. I've got the Koni's set at medium so I can adjust if I need to.

I'm optimistic :)

very nice wheels ... will the brembos fit behind them i wonder..... ho hum ho hum ho hum...

very nice wheels ... will the brembos fit behind them i wonder..... ho hum ho hum ho hum...

Bet they would looking at the shape of where the spokes meet the rim... Probably need a spacer of between 5 and 10mm though... 8)

Had a call this morning from Halfords, they told me the OZ Record wheels I'd ordered are not available in 16" :x to$$ers.

Oh well I'll have to wait for my OZ Crono's on Friday :D :D :D :D :D

their now added to the shopping list :D

they do look similar to the chronos :)

RACING Record

Wheel Card

Type: monobloc

Design: 5 spokes

Finish: Race Silver with O·Z logo engraved on the spoke. Black carbon fiber hubcap

Material: cast aluminium

Size: 6½x15" 7x16" 7x17" 7x18" 7½x17" 7½x18"

Biggrim, I saw this too and questioned it. From what I understand there is not enough demand in the UK for this size so they don't ship it here.

I'm not bothered as I prefer the Crono's and I get them Friday in 16" :D

Where are you gettin the Cronos from bud? cause there discontinued....

and from memory you could only get tthem inn 15 and 17 here too...

SInce finding out I couldn't get OZ Record in 16", I just phoned round for confirmation of this and surprise surprise Crono's were mentioned. I spoke to Demon Tweeks who told me they had 3 sets, yes you read correctly, 3 sets of 16" Crono's sold over the Easter holiday with only 1 set left so I snapped em up.

I did speak to soneone else who had 2 sets left in 16" but you are right they don't make em any more. I think I just got lucky :)

Hm I really like them! They look like the VR6 speedlines but just a bit more modern!

The ones you have on your car have a different spoke design to that of the record shown in the photo... is this because of the size you've got or are they a different rim?

Cool, think I like them better anyways... Jims right, they do give it the look of the VR speedlines - which is exactly the look I'd like to have... Have you noticed much difference in handling / ride quality?

Not had a chance to hammer them since Friday, too much rain. They give a better ride quality than my standard 15" with......dare I say it......different tyres on all corners.......I know that's a bad thing but these came with the car :oops:

Phil K - so that makes two of us who like the look of the VR6 Speedlines.. owning a 4 stud Corrado can be a real sod sometimes!! :(

If it was a simple swap, I would have traded up for Speedlines ages ago.