Goldie

Tyre Stockists - USA, long shot but worth a go

Im heading to the States for a little while.. I was thinking it may well be worth buying a new set of tyres while I'm there.. I have had a look around at prices and all is good however does anyone where is best to buy them? Anyone from here bought from there, any American residents on here that can advise?

Ill have an address while I'm there for postage or I'm talking Florida/Georgia border area..

Any clues or advice appreciated...

Aren't US tyres a different spec compared to European tyres. Thought they had more nylon in them, that's why US tyres squeal more that ours.

I can bring them back with me, no postage needed...

How big is your suitcase? :scratch:

I have never heard of that, i thought it was because they have no tire laws and there are a lot cars on slicks as a result..

I'm from the states and just joined the forums. What size are you looking for? Where I live we have a state inspection once a year and tire tread depth regulations. I can suggest a few US websites and can check for you to see what I can find.

Sent from my DROID BIONIC using Tapatalk 2

The US get a much better choice of performance tyres than we do, even in 15", so that's an immediate benefit that I can see!

I think the squealing might be more to do with their road surface than the tyre compound as when I was there and driving around in a rental car, the tarmac was VERY smooth, causing the tyres to squeal very easily.

From what I've read before, if the tyre does not have the "e" marking, then they are not legal to have fitted in the UK. So worth making sure they are e rated before going to the hassle of bringing them back.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

How big is your suitcase? :scratch:

LOL. Goldie is in the forces, Navy, so I guess he'll just stow them in a nook or cranny somewhere...

Do you not have to declare imports for VAT though Michael??

If you can sign up with CostCo, they have tyre centres.. and CostCo membership is international :)

LOL. Goldie is in the forces, Navy, so I guess he'll just stow them in a nook or cranny somewhere...

Do you not have to declare imports for VAT though Michael??

I had a feeling I was missing something :lol:

I think I'd rather travel back from the states with 15 screaming kids than wait for my 4 tyres coming off the luggage conveyor belt. Although I'm sure questions would be asked if I had 15 screaming kids as well.