Wendy

Get Together - This Saturday, Oxfordshire/Warwickshire/Bucks/Northants

Right, who is up for a get together this Saturday 6th October ?

At the moment the weather looks to be dry.

Fancy a meet up, and dinner ?

Not sure where to suggest at the moment, am thinking where ever we choose they should be chance for a bit of a drive en route.

What are general thoughts of those who would like to join in ?

Edited by Wendy

Good idea, so how about going to this meet (OK, not quite North Oxon):

Dear fellow 928 owners,

We seem to be stuck on 34 at the moment. Quite suprising from a folder of 130 names.

Please mount the green via the drop kerb at the top end as usual after 11.30 AM. Please also make a small donation to the cricket club member rattling his bucket (say 3 quid a car). Sue will book you in and hand out Paul Lacey's 'favorite' 928 form.

Tilford Common green opposite of the Barley Mow pub (who'll be organising the get-together, both husband and wife 928 owners and owners of the Barley Mow).

GU10 2BN

That's the meet I am planning on going to anyway.

Tempest

Eric trust you to try and drop the Porsche into the mix, thought this was a corrado forum ?

Wendy what have youin mind, and do I have to clean the car first ?

Eric trust you to try and drop the Porsche into the mix, thought this was a corrado forum ?

It would be rude not to respond to Wendy´s good efforts, so that´s what I did :lol: Unfortunately I had already planned to go to the 928 meet for a long time.

Corradoforum? I simply am open-minded to great-looking sports coupes :) So wouldn´t mind a few photos of Rados and 928s actually, something different to the usual pics ;)

Following Saturday, 13 october, still looks promising at my end.

Tempest

Eric - Honestly, no, a tad too far I thinks, was thinking of something much closer. (Just googgled it 97 miles from mine.) Yopu will be back in time for dinner !! :-)

Miles - No you do not have to wash the car as lkong as you stay at least 1/2 mile back from mine !! :-)

Could do the Cuttle Inn at Long Itchington. CV47 9QZ - between Southam and Coventry

Also could do somewhere in Woodstock - about equal distances from Banbury.

Shall we decide on numbers and their rough locations for final choice ?

Unless you have other ideas you would like to put forward ?

Others in the rough area - anyone coming out to play ?

Or is timing too short ?

Could do the Cuttle Inn at Long Itchington. CV47 9QZ - between Southam and Coventry

Hmm, might be game for that, perhaps. depends on how full I´m gonna be from the pub lunch at the 928 meet.

Yopu will be back in time for dinner !! :-)

Yes, at German Autobahn speeds (like recently whilst over there, at 140 mph - a leasurely cruise), but not necessarily at UK motorway speeds.

There´s gotta be more folk up for this in the wider Midlands/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire/Northants areas?

Tempest

I agree - Think my heading may need adjusting, will see if I can do that.

Hmm, might be game for that, perhaps. depends on how full I´m gonna be from the pub lunch at the 928 meet.

Yes, at German Autobahn speeds (like recently whilst over there, at 140 mph - a leasurely cruise), but not necessarily at UK motorway speeds.

There´s gotta be more folk up for this in the wider Midlands/Warwickshire/Oxfordshire/Northants areas?

Tempest

Sorry but as I mentioned on email I won't be able to make this one Wendy as I'm going to the 928 meet with Eric. Hopefully next time. It'd be great if we could get something regular up and running.

So, you will be fine for dinner in the evening too !!!! ?? :-)

Sorry but as I mentioned on email I won't be able to make this one Wendy as I'm going to the 928 meet with Eric. Hopefully next time. It'd be great if we could get something regular up and running.

My point exactly !!! :-)

He'll have no choice as a passenger :lol:

Tempest

Seems to me this was too short notice for people, so will do something for next month with more notice

Seems to me this was too short notice for people, so will do something for next month with more notice

Potentially interested in a meet depending on date and location. I've missed most of them this year and am feeling some withdrawal symptoms.