hellokarl69

True heated windscreen!

I thought I might have been a bit harsh but I'm glad someone else feels the same way.

I would also expect that once you've made one and the tooling/pattern exists that you could produce another whenever it's needed. Maybe even after doing 10 then setting it all up to produce one at a time isn't cost effective - I could understand that. However, won't they already be doing that with track cars? Surely they're not all the same.

I too would really like a heated screen but the expense doesn't justify it for me, especially if I need a new seal as well. I've never tried to get one out without breaking the screen or the seal.

I thought I might have been a bit harsh but I'm glad someone else feels the same way.

I would also expect that once you've made one and the tooling/pattern exists that you could produce another whenever it's needed. Maybe even after doing 10 then setting it all up to produce one at a time isn't cost effective - I could understand that. However, won't they already be doing that with track cars? Surely they're not all the same.

It's not just you two. Part of the point of getting in early on a group buy is to get the item, of course, but the tradeoff for potentially getting it earlier than you need it is that you're helping other owners out by having the parts available. I was willing to get a screen because I know mine will be replaced sometime this year as part of my respray, not because I need it right now - it will just take up space in my living room until I fit it.

Roose Motorsport are a good example of how it usually works - the first x orders got a decent discount and now if you want to buy a set of VR6 hoses then they already have the tooling so they can do you a set whenever you need one, at a slightly higher cost than the group buy price. If they're not going to use the group buy as a set of guaranteed sales to justify making the tooling, then what's the point?

Stone

I'd be interested in a tinted or top-tinted screen. Is the price firm at £300 then? I wonder if I can swing that through my insurance somehow? Maybe I find a local approved windscreen fitter and get him to take care of the purchase?

My screen's defo on the way out. I've been putting off replacing it as it's the original and every screen I've had replaced on previous Rados has revealed all sorts of nasty rot around the top of the screen. Plus I can't remember the part no's for all the other extras I had to order. Seals, plastic covers and clips.

So we are half way there by the looks of it.

Rorgasm

Dragon Green

Enthusiastowned

VR6LEE

MikeVR6

Corradlo

Rado20VT

As far as tinted screens go, I would imagine majority rules, depends on what every wants. I'll fire an email a cross & see what I get back.

RORY

So, how would it work? Just hook it up to the rear de-mister switch or what?

I have been in talks with Rick & he is will to do a minimum batch of 6 for £246 each. We would have to pay 30% (£74) to get the orders on the books & it would take about 12weeks to be delivered. I'll start a new group buy thread so get yourself on there if you still interested:smug: