Goldie

Car sale leading to legal action advice (Not Corrado or Forum related!!)

I agree with VR6, only one way to sort this out! SORT HIM!!! Why do people treat generous people like this, Scum

Hi had something very similar happen to me, also with a colleague...

I sold him a car, and he said he'd give me half now, half next week.

Two months later, I was still waiting for payment.

I asked him for the keys to the car until he paid in full, but he kept stalling.....

Then I found out he was going on some fancy carribean holiday, so that pi$$ed me right off.

Went over to his place one night, took the wheels off.

He paid up shortly thereafter :lol:

He even told me he went to the police, but I get the feeling they told him to sod off :lol:

Not a good scenario... I would never have done this with someone i don't know but because its through work, known for a while i thought it would be fine..

Sum total paid to date

Im afraid the above line contains the amount of pounds and pence..

I thought you'd recieved an inital payment, surely you can demand to have the car returned being he's not paid a dime.

Im sure a 15 quid fee from the dvla gives the owners address,some old woman did it to a dick round here years ago when he was driving recklessly she turned up at his door and said shed got his details from the reg and dvla.

Exactly.

As I said before, I'm not suggesting violence. I'm just putting myself into this idiot's shoes ... and if 3 or 4 guys turned up and camped outside my house, for a car I've paid nothing for, I'd just hand it back (or the cash if I had it). Sounds like he's very much a 'path of least resistance' sort of guy.

The address to where the car is registered is not where he is living now.. I have the address for where he stays now following a phone call this morning..

I dont really want the car, i certainly don't want to have rented it out for free for 7 months.. A combination of cash and car would do but i know he has piled the miles on it...

If I were you i'd grab the car, even if it's only worth say £1500 it's a whole load more than you've currently got or likely to get by the sounds of things.

It would be a very expensive lesson learned tho!!

The address to where the car is registered is not where he is living now.. I have the address for where he stays now following a phone call this morning..

I dont really want the car, i certainly don't want to have rented it out for free for 7 months.. A combination of cash and car would do but i know he has piled the miles on it...

Get a mate to follow him home.................

Any decent HR depts door should always be open for problems in the workplace

That was the days of 'Personnel' departments.

'HR' is now essentially a business within business and they only seem to care about protecting the company from being sued.