huggy

Where is my old Corrado now?!

Hi all, after recently having to in touch with an old owner of my raddo (which has been for both of us cool, fun and has revealed parts of her past the recipts could not and photos are being exchanged (uber raddo geek that I am)) I thought it would be cool to set an exchange page.

So how do you get in touch.

Those wanting to find the current owner.

Put in the reg colour and moddel of raddo you wish to find and wait for a pm.

Those wanting to find old owners, this one will be harder.

The options are, post your whole reg (most don't like the idea of this)

Or

Post the last or first part of your reg and the colour moddel etc.

Or post the colour moddel and the previous owners first name, years owned and location owned (might be in your paper work) the previous owner may be a bit funny about the whole name going on the post.

Please note this will only work if people take part, its unlikely anyone is going to knock on your door and say thats my old car lol.

And think of how much you can increase the known history of your car, ill certinaly be sticking the old photos and info in my folder!

In genral use your witts ay, good luck and enjoy!

Im confused - Have you created a page? Are you asking for suggestions on how to create such a page? Are you intending to use this thread as your page? Im very confuddled!

Personally I am in 2 minds if I would want to know history about my car, yeah it would be lovely to track it back to its first sale - but what would I gain from it? Possibly learning something horrific that was better left unknown? Or on the other side of the scale, learning that it had 15 owners and that they all owned it and have many photo's each of how my car was 10 years ago? Ie. Nothing like it is now?

Im not sure, I would love to have a photo of my car when it was collected from the shop for the first time, but after that - to me it kind of feels like getting in contact with your g/f's ex's... why would I want to know she was with a 6'4" well structured man?

Edited by _Meth

...... to me it kind of feels like getting in contact with your g/f's ex's... why would I want to know she was with a 6"4 black man?

:lol:

I think you might have mixed up the symbols for inches and feet.

Firstly - If you read it carefully it is a suggestion that those that want to place their 'adds' to find owners in one place and is a suggestion upon how to go about it, it is for fun.

Secondly - If you use a little loaf and less mouth you will realise that this is not mandatory for you to take part in - If you do not want to for whatever reason then don't.

Thirdly - It is at best a 17 year old car, I think anyone with enough brains to be able to drive one will know the risks of looking for a previous owner (info wise).

Fourthly - "why would I want to know she was with a 6"4 black man?" What’s wrong with a black man having owned it, from this flippant comment I gleam an air of racism that I as a mixed race man (my dad is black but not 6'4" or 193 cm (you seem confused)) am disgusted by!

Finally - Remember the old adage, 'If you have nothing nice to say don't say anything at all'

Corrados I have previously owned.. I may have the odd letter wrong in reg on a couple though!

M159LYF

N585BUA

M447BLE

M200DAN, though this was on a non-original plate, plate now changed I believe, a Mystic Blue Storm

My current car N866XSS

Edited by Billzeebub

Fair play, that ought to get the ball rolling...

Corrados I have previously owned.. I may have the odd letter wrong in reg on a couple though!

N585BUA

M447BLE

M200DAN

M159LYF

My current car N866XSS

"why would I want to know she was with a 6"4 black man?" What’s wrong with a black man having owned it, from this flippant comment I gleam an air of racism that I as a mixed race man (my dad is black but not 6'4" or 193 cm (you seem confused)) am disgusted by!

To be fair, I don't think it is meant to be racist.

I think it's a nod to "once you go black ... ". Seeing as though he is talking about girlfriend's ex's rather than cars.

I admit, it's probably not very PC, but I don't find it racist. Please let me know if I have missed something though.

To be fair, I don't think it is meant to be racist.

I think it's a nod to "once you go black ... ". Seeing as though he is talking about girlfriend's ex's rather than cars.

I admit, it's probably not very PC, but I don't find it racist. Please let me know if I have missed something though.

Regardless of whether its about an ex or a car the fact that he singled a 'black man' out in a negative fassion ("why would I want to know" like the worst thing is that he black) is racisim!

As for "I think it's a nod to "once you go black ... "." I don't see the connection personaly.

In short I feel the comments were flipant and lacked intelect, granted the originator may not be racist, but that which he stated (as some one who understands the law very well and that which breaches The Equality Act 2010) was.

Regardless of whether its about an ex or a car the fact that he singled a 'black man' out in a negative fassion ("why would I want to know" like the worst thing is that he black) is racisim!

As for "I think it's a nod to "once you go black ... "." I don't see the connection personaly.

In short I feel the comments were flipant and lacked intelect, granted the originator may not be racist, but that which he stated (as some one who understands the law very well and that which breaches The Equality Act 2010) was.

Surely being 6'4" tall and havin a massive penis can't be a bad thing! Get over it lol

I never said it was... lol and I am over the comments, just thouth it would be prudent to voice the concern.

Besides this thread was not meant to be about 6'4"men, girlfriends, or penis, LOL let's keep the posts roughly limeted to finding old owners or cars...

Edited by huggy

Sorry im actually have a small tear rolling down my cheek! 6" Man :lol:

Ok, Huggy, I would like to offer my oppologies. It was not meant as a racist remark in the slightest, however I can see it has offended so have edited my post to hopefuly correct this. I hope there are no hard feelings.

I also was simply offering my oppinion, and asking a question about what this thread was. Im sorry I couldnt make head nor tail of your post.

I hope this turns into something good, because despite my hesitations... I would be lying if I said I didnt have a slight niggle to find out... I guess I will be whats known in the internet world, as a "lurker". Just incase my car pops up in conversation :)

Apologie acepted, no hard feelings. And I hope it turns in to something good also. Despite my hesitation my contact with a previous owner did and hey I can't be the only one who will have a good experience. And for those that are willing to take the plunge if it turns out there is bad news, well at least the can go about getting any issues corrected properly if they had not been in the past. These are old cars now and if the odd one has had an accident but been repaired correctly thats not the worst thing in the world, at least it would still be on the road to grace us with its presence...

OK. First up, I'd be interested to find the whereabouts of my old valver...

Tornado red LY3D 1.8 16v - H468TEO (H468 TEO)

Just because when I bought it for £225 quid, it was a bit of a heap! But I saved it and sold it on just because I wanted the G60 back on the road. Kinda wish I'd kept it!

There's a topic here just incase >> http://www.volksdevil.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=230

radovalverfirstpics5.jpg

radovalver26081.jpg

valver1407083.jpg

valver2412086.jpg

Secondly...:cool:

I'm only the third owner of the G60, and I've been trying to find the very first owner. A Mr Hudson. It seems he didn't own it for long. I've owned it for 8 years now and I'd love to see if he has any old paperwork etc, long shot I know.

Late style gloss black LO41 1992 G60 J443ORP (J443 ORP)

If Dyfrig (Previous owner) sees this, it would be great if he could help.

When I bought it...

raddog606.jpg

How it looks now...

15_11_12Housecorradoinstagram2.jpg

Edited by Riley

Often wonder what happened to my first Corrado, a Blackberry Metallic 2.0 16v - L539 GVH.

I part exchanged it at a Citroen main dealer back in around 2002 I think. I left it with a fairly comprehensive history and receipts file, and put a link to the Corrado Forum in there hoping the car was going to another enthusiast. It came up for sale subsequently on Autotrader and that was the last I saw of it.

According to ASKMID it's currently on the insurance database so must be being used by someone! :|

mycar6.jpg

J848 SDP my first rado..... 1.8 16v in blue with recaro interior.... and momo arrow sport 17" rims

sold it in 1997 with roughly 40K on the clock for £7500 ish

think it went to the Wembley area

Edited by delfinis38

I always wonder the fate of my red valver H369 RHL. Sold to Lucy Green in Dorset from what I remember (about 10 years ago) and it has been SORNed for a few years now. Whoever owns it doesn't want to let go, theoretically.

attachment.php?attachmentid=51091&d=1326645382

attachment.php?attachmentid=51089&d=1326644488

Hi Riley,

I nearly bought your old valver from a lad in Sunderland back in 2009. It was still going strong but I didn't buy in the end as one of the cylinders was below tolerance for compression.

It was up for £900 ;)

id like to know where my old valver H559 FBX is now, burgundy pearl and I sold back in 2002

OK. First up, I'd be interested to find the whereabouts of my old valver...

Tornado red LY3D 1.8 16v - H468TEO (H468 TEO)

Just because when I bought it for £225 quid, it was a bit of a heap! But I saved it and sold it on just because I wanted the G60 back on the road. Kinda wish I'd kept it!

There's a topic here just incase >> http://www.volksdevil.com/viewtopic.php?f=6&t=230

radovalverfirstpics5.jpg

radovalver26081.jpg

valver1407083.jpg

valver2412086.jpg

Secondly...:cool:

I'm only the third owner of the G60, and I've been trying to find the very first owner. A Mr Hudson. It seems he didn't own it for long. I've owned it for 8 years now and I'd love to see if he has any old paperwork etc, long shot I know.

Late style gloss black LO41 1992 G60 J443ORP (J443 ORP)

If Dyfrig (Previous owner) sees this, it would be great if he could help.

When I bought it...

raddog606.jpg

How it looks now...

15_11_12Housecorradoinstagram2.jpg

Hi Riley,

I nearly bought your old valver from a lad in Sunderland back in 2009. It was still going strong but I didn't buy in the end as one of the cylinders was below tolerance for compression.

It was up for £900 ;)

Ah bloody hell that's a shame! Nice to hear it's still going though cheers mate!

Just thought of another that I'd be interested to know the whereabouts of! My Mums old one, it was absolutely IMMACULATE! around 50k miles I think, but forget that...The condition was superb! She sold it for near on £3K! :bonk:

Red 1800 valver G119RBV (G119 RBV)

redvalverrado2.jpg

picys003.jpg

Glad to see this thread is working to fill in that longing of "I wonder what happend to it" for people ;)