Harrier

Vw shows up North !

I am contemplating which shows to attend this year & have just put my name down for CCGB National Day at Castle Coombe & have 1 or 2 in mind that are within 2-3 hr drive but i would like to venture to the North of England for 1 or 2 meets this year as it would be nice to meet some owners & see some cars we dont see down here very often & was wondering which you could recommend ? I would like to attend a lot more than i will be, but weekend passes are limited ! Elsecar looks good.Any thoughts ?

Yep asGareth says, Harewood is a great show as is VW Northwest at Tatton park. I live Elsecar though too, not the biggest but with the big chunk of the clubstand folk staying at our place the night before it always is a great weekend & that's what these shows are really about

People meeting up with a similar interest :-)

i love harewood as a venue.

only ever being to hillclimbs there though.

are they static shows?

I usually attend elsecar was rubbish weather last year tho so the big field car park was shut unlike the year before wer it was full , we all did the show then had some grub sat round the cars in the boiling sun

Harewood house i usually attend aswell but its more of a walk round on a sunday for me , see the cars and go again but it is a good event with all the stands and stuff

Ill be doing elsecar again this year i always find its a good turn out

There are quite a few of us who will not be attending Harewood House his year as costs rose significantly last year on previous yeras

Sadly it appears to be growing bigger than its boots - as happens to so many shows.

Not tried Elsecar - but always hear good feedback

If cost is a consideration then may I suggest "The German car show" at Haigh Hall in Wigan. Free to attend for the past two years. As it's for charity they just ask for a small donation. It sits on the weekend between Tatton and Harewood, and really is an excellent mixed show.

Eric (Tempest) is looking into the possibility of a stand for CCGB.

Ok,thanks for your replys everyone. I have booked myself on the Elsecar show & will look at Harewood or Tatton later on in the year.Looking forward to it !

Stay over at ours on the Sunday before Elsecar Daren?

No problem, a few others booked in too :-)

Speak before then anyway.

There are quite a few of us who will not be attending Harewood House his year as costs rose significantly last year on previous yeras

Sadly it appears to be growing bigger than its boots - as happens to so many shows.

ck

X2. It cost me £70 for 2 people camping last yr. The camping was a bit shabby and under facilitated too.

---------- Post added at 8:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:48 AM ----------

If cost is a consideration then may I suggest "The German car show" at Haigh Hall in Wigan. Free to attend for the past two years. As it's for charity they just ask for a small donation. It sits on the weekend between Tatton and Harewood, and really is an excellent mixed show.

Eric (Tempest) is looking into the possibility of a stand for CCGB.

I like the sound of this!

X2. It cost me £70 for 2 people camping last yr.

---------- Post added at 8:49 AM ---------- Previous post was at 8:48 AM ----------

I like the sound of this!

Club camping ? :

http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/index.htm

The farm shop at this place near me is electric. And it won't rush you seventy sheets.

est "The German car show" at Haigh Hall in Wigan.

Should know more in the next 4 weeks.

Tempest

Club camping ? :

http://www.charityfarm.co.uk/index.htm

The farm shop at this place near me is electric. And it won't rush you seventy sheets.

That's a great looking place i am looking at attending 1 or 2 down south as i lived in Rochdale for 20 years i have a few friend's i would like to catch up with and have been to Tatton before.