I went up in the G60 and made it there and back without problems. Win :D

I saw a black Corrado stuck in that massive queue of traffic, I was in a layby with the convoy I was part of as one of the guys had a burst water hose (one of the fans was touching it and cut right through it!). Gave the bloke a thumbs up :D Was that anyone off here?

Never been to the show before and to be honest I don't think I'll go again. I certainly didn't enjoy the 3hrs we spent in traffic to travel 3 miles!!! Had fun driving the car though so at least that part was good. I definitely think they need to manage parking and the traffic better, not just leaving it up to the public to sort it out. Felt sorry for all the non-dubs trying to get through it all.

Having just got home i thought id share my opinions...

Some awesome cars and i mean to an unreal standard, mainly Mk2s doing it for me and very nice to see so many Rallyes in one place.. Yes a lot of stuff that is too over the top for my liking and i have a feeling that no matter how much you may like it but air ride is here to stay.

Delighted to have taken home a trophy, best runner up other VW, no Corrado class this time. I am sorry to hear about Macdaddys car on the way down. Shame not to see other Corrados there although i don't feel they are that fashionable in an Ultimate Dubs environment which makes the trophy that bit sweeter...

Congrats Dude! Last year was the 1st year of No Corrado Class :( I seem to have the honour of being the last recipient of Best Corrado in 2010 :( As you know, corrados are lumped in with Other VW's now, glad they had a runner up spot this year, as last year there was just one trophy! Plus as a previous class winner they didn't ask me to go into the hall with the other winners...so this year Fook 'Em!

1st time I've not attended in 6 years! Glad you're back in a Rado though, been too long chap, must catch up! Looking at the winner list I thought I recognised your name :)

Congrats again fella, from the only Pic I've seen of it, it looked class, is it an ex forum car???

Steve

Thanks for the compliments people..

Dashboard - i use Poorboys natural look cleaner, very handy for engine plastics as well..

Ex forum car - yes, it is indeed Gareths old motor..

Steve, is a shame there isnt a Corrado specific catagory although i suppose it depends on how many are there. They did have a Classic Scirocco class so you never know things could change. Im assuming that the back hall is for previous winners, that is toss that you werent in there last year if you rightfully should have been. UD08 was one of the last shows i got to in my old one, cant believe that is 5 years ago....

It is a good show, i like the cleaning done exhibitors only saturday making way for a relaxing day sunday.. Car washing facilities are poor and i thought they might have put pictures of the winning cars on the two massive TVs they had in front of the stage so people knew who was what...

Dashboard - i use Poorboys natural look cleaner, very handy for engine plastics as well..

Exactly what I use but my dash looks nowhere near as good as that. Maybe all the years of previous owners using Armor All etc have taken their toll...

Ex forum car - yes, it is indeed Gareths old motor..

Steve, is a shame there isnt a Corrado specific catagory although i suppose it depends on how many are there. They did have a Classic Scirocco class so you never know things could change. Im assuming that the back hall is for previous winners, that is toss that you werent in there last year if you rightfully should have been. UD08 was one of the last shows i got to in my old one, cant believe that is 5 years ago....

It is a good show, i like the cleaning done exhibitors only saturday making way for a relaxing day sunday.. Car washing facilities are poor and i thought they might have put pictures of the winning cars on the two massive TVs they had in front of the stage so people knew who was what...

Yeah, bit ****...Gareth as in OSV's car??

I understand the other vw class bit but to judge a corrado alongside a T5 transporter is Bol**x don't care how good the Transporter looked.And was that Jay renshaw's brother coming runner up in the A4 Class?.

Edited by clumpy1

Yes mate... I am a very lucky boy...

You are indeed! Amazing Car, be interesting what you do to it :)

---------- Post added at 9:25 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:23 PM ----------

I understand the other vw class bit but to judge a corrado alongside a T5 transporter is Bol**x don't care how good the Transporter looked .

Yep! Last year I went was last year I think, and none of the Corrado owners were told they had ditched the Class, so we got lumped in with a Caddy van that had about £30K spunked on it........It was at that point I thought UD can Effing Do One!

Speaking for at least 2 of the 3 that went yesterday, we did enjoy the show, yes, it is full of some dubious types (part of the fun really), some dubious cars, some extremely expensive cars 9where you ask who actually owns the thing, the bank or the driver), but apart from that, leaving all the doubts etc. behind, and just look at some of the cars, it is actually quiote nice to see such a wide range of cars and what has been done to them. Some excellent interiors, too.

Most important thing was to simply catch up with my mates from the SciroccoRegister, where one of them did win best Scirocco Classic (the white Scala).

All in all had a great weekend, that started Friday night at ca. 23:30, when I collected a mate, who had travelled all the way from northern Germany to display his French Mk2 Rocco at UD (the one outside in the concours area) , from a service station along the M6 to start the weekend at my place. Saturday Jim and Chris joined us, driving up in 3 cars, pwashed 2 Roccos, put them inside, and it was time for Jim to taxi us back (super! Thanks!) to Coventry for great eveing at a local Chniese buffet restaurant.

Back on Sunday to look at the cars and people (:lol:), collect our Rocs and return home for another evening of fun, before today my German mate left for his home town agan, long trip back on the ferry.

Time for some pics:

100_1266.jpg

100_1267.jpg

100_1268.jpg

100_1269.jpg

100_1270.jpg

100_1271.jpg

100_1273.jpg

100_1274.jpg

100_1275.jpg

100_1276.jpg

Tempest

No, there were 2 companies back in the olden days in Germany, that did convesrions: Hornstein and Bieber. The green is a Bieber (telltale: bootlid hinges on outside of lid, Hornstein on inside of lid).

Tempest

Was that you german friend's car or is it owned by someone on this side of the channel?

I had to work and only got too look round briefly but still had a good weekend and enjoyed the show. It was nice to meet a few of you. Some of my pics (apologies for the i-phone quality):

625429_10151516590149090_209443916_n_zps3385bfa2.jpg

602038_10151516589099090_1675885823_n_zps006a47c8.jpg

601169_10151518006754090_1694100187_n_zps52776374.jpg

578468_10151516589999090_949424535_n_zpsf4d11b0a.jpg

544481_10151518006489090_2026265590_n_zps2e65dcc3.jpg

484706_10151516589024090_2008790984_n_zpsda311416.jpg

486109_10151516584109090_311751166_n_zps35c7dede.jpg

542791_10151516597574090_1210219925_n_zpsa913d9a8.jpg

417479_10151516589759090_386499082_n_zps767d6cfc.jpg

313325_10151516589869090_2055913186_n_zps6465c585.jpg

150470_10151518006239090_147451266_n_zps26200c81.jpg

72663_10151518006659090_2074664792_n_zps33f3d54e.jpg

67060_10151516589944090_7199065_n_zps16ecf783.jpg

63941_10151518005914090_2047399771_n_zps282be759.jpg

The rest of the pics I have uploaded so far are here: http://photobucket.com/HICUD2013

(all i-phone pics unfortunately until I find the lead for my camera!).

Was that you german friend's car or is it owned by someone on this side of the channel?

Nope, the French yellow headlight Mk2 Rocco was my German friend´s car. the vipergreen Cabrio belongs to a good Welsh mate. He also owns the Storm Mk1 that was parked on the SciroccoRegsiter stand, had his wife drive that one :)

Tempest

Just noticed the cab with uk plates on martinb pic's do you know if it was Jay renshaw's brother who got runner up in A4 class.

Cheer's

Just noticed the cab with uk plates on martinb pic's do you know if it was Jay renshaw's brother who got runner up in A4 class.

Cheer's

Could well be....

Mk1 Golf

Highly Commended - Dave Bond, Blue Caddy

Runner Up-James Henderson, Manilla Green

Winner- Greg Howell Lido Green

Mk2 Golf

Runner Up- Russ Whitfield, C4RBD

Winner- Tim Vincent, Tornado Red 20v

Mk3 Golf

Runner Up- Gethin Evans

Winner- Trix

Mk4 Golf

Runner Up- Martin Mc Connellogue, Sage green Bolf

Winner- Barry Whitwood, TFSI engine conversion

Mk5 & 6 Golf

Runner Up- Michael Jones, Blue MK5 GTI

Winner- Alex Langford, Silver MK5 GTI

Lupo

Runner Up- Ryan Noon, Red on Air RIde

Winner- Ben Mayne, Silver GTI

Polo

Runner Up- James Mc Cafferey, Mk1 Polo

Winner- Kristoff Van Streels, Beige G40

New Beetle

Winner- John Cunningham, Cream Cabriolet

Classic Scirocco

Winner- Kevin McLean, White Mk2 Scala

New Scirocco

Winner- Alex Begley, Scirocco GT

Booted VW

Runner Up- Jamie Fagan, Grey Mk1 Jetta

Winner- Gareth Spiller, Vento VR6

VW Estates

Runner Up- Mark Allan, Grey Golf estate

Winner- Lisa Loose, Champagne/Gold Golf Estate

Other VW

Runner Up- Michael Goldsmith, Silver Corrado

Winner- Shaun Lewis, Red T5 Transporter

Audi A3/S3

Highly Commended- Ford Fitzsimmons

Runner Up- Allen Edwards

Winner-Jason Allen

Audi A4/S4/RS4

Runner Up- James Renshaw

Winner- Julian Loose

Other Audi

Runner Up- Hamish, SWB Quattro

Winner- Chris Scragg, Grey TT

Seat

Higly commended- Sai Mistry, Blue Ibiza

Runner Up- Emma Dickson, Black Arosa Sport

Winner- Jake Harris

Skoda

Winner- Euro Sunday Skoda Octavia

Porsche

Winner- Matt Glassop, Green 964, Players stand

Wheels

Latham Papworth, HTN Rennsports

Paint

Greg Howell, Mk1 Golf

Engine

Kristoff Von Streels, Beige Polo G40

Interior

Studio In Car, Grey A3

Concours

David Cross, Mk2 Jetta GT

Ultimate Best in Show

Tim Vincent, Red Mk2 20v

Ray Wilding Trophy

Tim Vincent, Red Mk2 20v

Dirty Stancing Trophy

Craig Levens, Red Mk5 Golf

Best Club Display

Mk1 Golf Owners Club

Runner Up Club

Cleaned

Best CLub

Dub Fiction

Wouldn't it make sense for them to roll the Scirocco and Corrado into one class? God knows the Corrado shares far more with the MK1 and MK2 Scirocco than the MK3 Scirocco does!

That's why the split off the "Mk3 Scirocco" into its own class, because the place was almost littered with the things. What always gets me is that there is a class for each Mk Goof. So just a question of time till we'll end up with 100 Goof classes.

Tempest

I enjoyed it mostly, although I agree with a lot of the comments on here. There seemed to be fewer Corrados than ever and I've never seemed so many Rallyes! I didn't think there were that many in the UK! It seemed that were far more new cars than old stuff, standard or modified, which I thought was a shame. The Quattro and S2 in the small room were my favourites, as it was nice to see something built for a purpose rather than just for people to coo about how low it is. I guess car modifying would be boring if everyone liked the same thing so to each their own.

I still don't understand the queues in the morning. It's not a huge show, and after a few hours there you will have seen everything. Those who turned up at 11 and onwards seemed to avoid traffic jams (although couldn't park in the main car parks admittedly) and then walked straight up to pay at the desk. I had to be there early as I was on the clubs bit outside, but why does everyone else flock in at 9am to sit in jams?!

I don't get all the complaints about the queues - we got to Telford at 08:50 and were inside at 09:20...

Current issue of Golf+ magazine has a nice photo-rich feature on UD 2013:

golfp1.jpg

golfp2.jpg

golfp3.jpg

Tempest

Nice feature with no picture of the car of the show....lmfao

Who's scirocco is that on the right hand page of the third spread Eric?

Can't imagine why you'd have bought that particular issue... ;)