I'm going.

Looking forward to it.

I'll look out for your stand

Ill be there with the vr6 owners club, we have a club display in doors. Come over say hi :)

Ill be there with the vr6 owners club, we have a club display in doors. Come over say hi :)

Damn! Should have got in with you lot! Hope it isn't pouring.

Cheers for the offer, I'll stick with the current plan to save messing people around. Having to drop the car off on Saturday night would be a bit of a pain too! See you on Sunday.

There with a good mate of mine who brings his Rocco all the way from Germany for this one.

Bringing cars up Saturday, then attending Sunday :)

Tempest

I remember that Rocco from a few years ago Eric, I'll keep an eye out for you

He´s brought up a different one this year, only has 20+ or so Roccos to choose from :lol:

I´ve brought up my Mk1 again :)

Tempest

Confirmation for me that my interest in VW shows is long, long gone. I drove up with Tempest and a few others yesterday to drop cars off and give them a taxi ride back home. I stood watching cars queueing to get in, and checked out some of the cars being washed out in the car park... honestly nothing interested me about any of them (aside from a few tidy original Golfs, Scirocco's, etc).

Was also trying to work out why a number of BMW's were heading into the show hall. Is the show now a more generic German car show?! Honestly I couldn't wait to get out.

Honestly I couldn't wait to get out. Maybe I'm just getting old or something :(

Confirmation for me that my interest in VW shows is long, long gone. I drove up with Tempest and a few others yesterday to drop cars off and give them a taxi ride back home. I stood watching cars queueing to get in, and checked out some of the cars being washed out in the car park... honestly nothing interested me about any of them (aside from a few tidy original Golfs, Scirocco's, etc).

Was also trying to work out why a number of BMW's were heading into the show hall. Is the show now a more generic German car show?! Honestly I couldn't wait to get out.

I've always enjoyed mixed marque shows over just VW shows, so maybe this is a step in the right direction. Though for me, there's never enough standard cars. Always good to see VWs getting the care they deserve. Any more photos peeps ?

Hahaha complete opposite for me Jim. Haven't been to a VW show for 5-6 years but actually really enjoyed today - maybe it was the novelty. Also I quite like the odd Seat/Audi/BM thrown in, if it's a good looking car, well put together car the badge is irrelevant to me.

Didn't bother putting my wrist band on and couldn't believe there were still people queuing to get in when we left so I gave it to a disabled guy in the queue who was chuffed to bits :)

Edited by Jamie

Hahaha complete opposite for me Jim. Haven't been to a VW show for 5-6 years but actually really enjoyed today - maybe it was the novelty.

Didn't bother putting my wrist band on and couldn't believe there were still people queuing to get in when we left so I gave it to a disabled guy in the queue who was chuffed to bits :)

Think I've just been going to these things for too long - I'm glad it was a good show though and you got your moneys worth!

Think I've just been going to these things for too long - I'm glad it was a good show though and you got your moneys worth!

Have a bit of time away mate. I started going to shows in 1988 and just ended up bored to tears with them. Working at them with my previous job didn't help, but having a few years out has really done me the world of good :)

Went today. Was great apart from the traffic! Seems loads of young uns there in their caps looking like they are ard as nails, I do prefer the smaller events though much more relaxed atmosphere, this is the 2nd show I've been in about 4 years! Really enjoyed It though, but only saw 3 corrados all day!

Had to side step the kids with baseball caps and dodge all the air ride and bling but saw some really nice cars. Not many corrados and mainly stuck to mk1`s and mk2`s.

Some cars inside that I wouldn't describe as show cars and some that were good on top but rotten underneath.

SAM_0375_zpsac9e3621.jpg

SAM_0373_zpsab18e371.jpg

SAM_0372_zpsde86b116.jpg

SAM_0370_zps6791be19.jpg

SAM_0369_zps3478f2ce.jpg

SAM_0364_zps20912aec.jpg

SAM_0362_zpsea84c160.jpg

SAM_0359_zps3808dec2.jpg

---------- Post added at 7:24 PM ---------- Previous post was at 7:00 PM ----------

SAM_0356_zps6d6ff666.jpg

SAM_0354_zpse4066e5d.jpg

SAM_0351_zps2dbfda4f.jpg

SAM_0346_zps230b6cda.jpg

SAM_0343_zps38493192.jpg

Having just got home i thought id share my opinions...

Some awesome cars and i mean to an unreal standard, mainly Mk2s doing it for me and very nice to see so many Rallyes in one place.. Yes a lot of stuff that is too over the top for my liking and i have a feeling that no matter how much you may like it but air ride is here to stay.

Delighted to have taken home a trophy, best runner up other VW, no Corrado class this time. I am sorry to hear about Macdaddys car on the way down. Shame not to see other Corrados there although i don't feel they are that fashionable in an Ultimate Dubs environment which makes the trophy that bit sweeter...

Edited by Goldie

Having just got home i thought id share my opinions...

Some awesome cars and i mean to an unreal standard, mainly Mk2s doing it for me and very nice to see so many Rallyes in one place.. Yes a lot of stuff that is too over the top for my liking and i have a feeling that no matter how much you may like it but air ride is here to stay.

Delighted to have taken home a trophy, best runner up other VW, no Corrado class this time. I am sorry to hear about Macdaddys car on the way down. Shame not to see other Corrados there although i don't feel they are that fashionable in an Ultimate Dubs environment which makes the trophy that bit sweeter...

Goodie your car is stunning mate. Got to ask - what have you done to your dash top? It looks awesome

Well done Michael - glad someone was there representin' for the Corrados ;)