Sean_Jaymo

Corrado Part Duex - 24V Aqua Blue - She's gone.

So you are admitting to be a "gay boy " then ?? :rolleyes: This is more what forum's should be about..

:fist:

:lol:

Ahhh You two :lol::lol::lol: I'm trying to watch the Bl**dy football if you don't mind ( Still got my doubt's aboot those navy YMCA dude's)

AHHHHH Now you've done it we've got Goldie viewing now!!!! :lol::lol::lol:

Well I had a bit of free time earlier so I got on and fixed my water pump pulley lack of bolts problem. Nice and tight now with plenty of thread lock so that shouldn't be a problem again.

I also greased up the bearing on the idler pulley and all seems well.

To celebrate, I popped out to sort a few other things and seeing as I had the darling wife with me, we ended up in a garden centre and the old girl got to bring a load of stuff back for her troubles including compost and a concrete bird bath! Not the reason I built a car admittedly but she preformed flawlessly as she has for the vast majority of the 850 odd miles since the rebuild was completed!

Well, the ch's have gone to a new home which meant I had to get the speedies fitted. Car isn't much use to me sans wheels!

I only managed to get the 1 half decent shot but at least you get the idea. Next I need to find some centre caps!

20140712_181446_zpsmpc6hs3g.jpg

Initial impressions are that they totally transform the way the car drives and I like they way the rainsport 3's drive. Further updates in due course.

1 x Superior RAF Aircraft Mechanical Technician

So did that make you a rigger?

Got to be better than a fairy or dogfu**er

Yeah I'm a legacy rigger. Lol might be better but full respect for their ability to tame electricity! I'm OK with car electrics but throw in the aircraft side of things and I'm not as confident!

Wimp, I've gotta deal with Radar kicking out 15kV!

As for the Speedlines. :scratch: got to admit Sean, I think I preferred the CHs. Looked a lot more purposeful on them IMO.

It doesn't kick out that when switched off and dissipated my naval friend!

I won't lie, the ch's were such a pretty wheel and it's a shame that it came to this but she was lardy at over 20kgs a corner.

I won't miss spending 10 mins a wheel cleaning them either!

That's fair enough mate, the RXs are pretty Damn heavy too with tyres, and there is a very noticeable drop off in handling with them fitted.

Frequency calibration has to be done live with Radar type 996 (which is what I was referring to), and involves sticking your hand in the back of the cabinet past the biggest capacitors you've ever seen in your life! Squeaky but time it is no matter how many times I've done it!

Great to see them on the car - looking good. Be keen to see how they look with centre caps. Are you planning to lower the car at any point too? :)

Probably hit it with the lowering stick at some point, Jim. Got a few options that I'm mulling over at the moment so need to decide which one I like the most.

Dave posted up a picture of his on B12s yesterday that I quite like but I've not decided until I see some other pictures.

The old gearknob leather had worn through to plastic so I popped down to VW and picked up a new one along with some wheel nut covers. The new centre caps are on their way so I'll get those fitted at some point. Not so easy to find decent quality centre caps in this fitment but I think I have now so we will wait and see!

20140720_143306_zps3292a8c0.jpg

I need aircon!

Today's job, new top mounts.

These were the only rubber parts I never changed on the car as the old ones were only 30k or so old and I wanted to change them when I decided what new suspension I was going to fit.

I'm no where nearer deciding and seeing as I'm enjoying driving it around on standard suspension so much, I thought I would change them now whilst I had some sunshine and time off!

Have I noticed any improvement in handling? Only a small amount but the NVH coming into the cabin has reduced significantly! Amazing how much suspension rubber deteriorates in a relatively small mileage.

Edited by Sean_Jaymo

Was the gear knob from the dealer mate?

The best thing you can do (IMO) is make sure all the rubber parts are up to scratch, makes a huge difference once everything is tight. You've done the rest and it's an easy job so top mounts seems silly not to do.

Top work mate.

Sure was, part number is 0357 711 141 A and costs £37.73 plus VAT minus discount.

You're completely right Mic, I wanted to do all of the suspension and mounts in 1 go to make sure everything was minty fresh from the start.

Maybe I'll put new mounts on again when I finally decide on suspension!

Another 16" Speedo custodian :) There really can't be any more than a handful of (usable) sets out there now?

Do the 15" speedo centre caps not fit? I had some weird VW ones in mine, but I can't remember if they were OEM or ebay jobs.

Rado_3617_zpsd4172b08.jpg

Look sweet on the Ice grey Kev I had read your thread and can't remember seeing it on these saw it on plenty of other's :D Also is your surname Haywood as I have a copy of an old sprinter from 2004 (issue 30) and there is someone with that name with a 192bhp Vr6 is that you?? At a stealth rr day.

Funnily enough Kev, I have that photo in my picture library of cool Corrados!

No, Unfortunately they don't quite fit, they're fractionally too small. They can fit but they're not right. I've put some vw centre caps on mine, not genuine but convincing enough for now. I've also got some speedline caps but not sure if I prefer them or the vw versions. Time will tell.

I'm only aware of 4 sets of these in current existence.

Really? Even though it's filthy? Thanks, that's very flattering :)

Only 4 sets, wow, I know Ross and Nick Wood had 2 sets between them! Super rare wheels!

Speedline must still have the casting moulds for these? I think they will entertain dusting them off for a 20 sets minimum order, possibly! Actually, scrap that plan, we want them kept rare and therefore valuable :lol:

Cheers Clumpy, and yeah, I'm Hayward as in the pickled onions :) I did appear in a feature or 3 back in the early days when I was a bit more sociable :lol:

If it's dirty, it's being used Kev! I love a clean car as much as the next man, but I also love driving it and all that dirt is a sign of it being driven! Or maybe a sign of laziness and winter?

I like the rare factor myself, if that keeps them worth something then that's a nice side effect. For me, the technical specs won me over, even if I need spacers for future big brakes. If needs be, 312 brakes mixed with DS3000 pads might be my interim solution.

I'm only aware of 4 sets of these in current existence.

Do you mean 4 sets of 16" speedlines? Or the 16" centre caps?

The wheels themselves mate, yours being 1 of them.

The centre caps all seem to be the later Speedline stuff, not the period right stuff. Not sure what they looked like originally?