robrado974

Best touch up paint ?

Seems to be a good selection online , but which have you used ? , or are they all pretty good ?. Need some to rectify my cock up !

Regards ,Rob

If its original paint, paints4u are a very good match both from personal experience, and from what others have said mate. They do a good range too. :thumbleft:

Thanks people , i will be considering dr bump as well , i would not normaly but i know the guy who has a franchise just up the road .

Got to be the dealer stuff from VW if you can get it - colour matches are spot on!

If you're less bothered about a perfect match and need something quick then the £2 ones Halfords do are also good for the money - worth having the car with you though so you can check the colour!

I got one from a dealer before too. It was a rattle can and it was around £15, but you only get 150ml of base coat and lacquer. It was for my Dragon Green Golf3 and it wasn't a very good match, but I think it was simply because it was in a rattle can, and the metallic particles were much closer together for some reason. That coupled with it being older paintwork made it seem much lighter than the original paint. I got DBP from Paints4u after recommendations, and the match was perfect. Its about £24 but you get 500ml of primer and lacquer, and 400ml of base coat, as well as a bit of wet and dry and G3 rubbing paste. I did my A pillars in it, and was extremely happy with the outcome. :smug:

I've found in the past that the custom mix Halfords stuff is good. I've not tried it with corrado paint but it was spot on with my mk4.

Halfords don't do Aqua Blue off the shelf as standard, at least none of the branches around me!

I think I need a body shop for the state mines in!

I've used Paintscratch.com (US based) twice now - they are very good and take a huge amount of care to see you get the right paint (you have to supply your cars chassis number).Maybe not the cheapest but tha'ts not always the most important thing! They do pots, cans and laquer

Thanks for all the advice , forum extremely useful with good advice as usual , will get some from one of the above .

Dave i did have some from the paint shop but i cant find it .

Has anyone tried the Autovisuals paint pen? I have a places where it needs to be re touched and would like to DIY instead of taking it to a professional shop.