coullstar

Possible Scottish Meet Sat 20th July - Knockhill

Okay was chatting to BillCor tonight and mentioned that it would be good to have a meet for all Scottish owners. Its been discussed before and Knockhill seemed a good choice and I remembered there is a VW trackday on during the summer organised by someone on Clubgti forum.

So Im just putting this up to see what interest there would be. I will most likely be taking the Corrado on the track that day but who would be interested in meeting up. There is a cafe etc there and hopefully some tasty VW's on track.

http://www.clubgti.com/showthread.php?260375-Knockhill-OpenPitlane-10am-5pm-Saturday-20th-July-£165-50-Car-limit

I would love to attend and if I can get time off work will get there (Living and working on Skye at the moment).

I took the VR6 I had at the time there for a performance driving course a few years ago and it was fantastic! Not sure I would want to take my present poor wee 16v out on track but would love to see a few corrado's flying around Knockhill!

Keep us posted to dates etc.

I'm interested :). All dependant on holidays etc but I think we're leaving it until later this year :)

Cool, I just realised its the same day as the National day down at Combe but thats 500miles away. We could have our own mini version. Im aiming for this to get the car ready for the track. There is plenty of room so we should be able to get all parked up together. At least with the track action there is other things to do / watch.

Join us at Coombe.................. You know you want to............ :D

I missed this Graeme :rolleyes: Sounds like a plan and I would certainly like to be there

Im afraid my stupid job means im a cast iron no around that time... Typical...

I'll do my darndest to get there but can't promise. Despite retiring I'm as busy as f*** and my diary is currently running on panic basis.

Join us at Coombe.................. You know you want to............ :D

I am. Not bothered about the mileage this is going to be a cracker :D

I realise some people have to try and work it round their job's etc wasn't being cheeky just saying i wasn't bothered about the mileage as i will not do alot more for the year after that ;)

Its fine didnt take it like that :). I would love to come down especially to mee everyone and get a blast round Combe.

Exactly my thinking would love a blast round the track :cheers:

So - what is latest on corrado numbers? I would need to book time off work soon to attend but I really fancy it

Looks to be about 4-5 definites at the moment. Remember its not just the meet, the VW trackday will be going as well so there will be some other nice machinery to look at and watch pound round the track.

Lets start a list:

1. Coullstar

2. BillCor

3. Kirade

4. Seafar99

OK - I will put in for time off tomorrow and confirm asap. As I said earlier I won't be going out on the track (much as I would love to again!)

I have been having a think about this and am more than up for it after the reaction the R32 got at Stanford obviously not everyone's cup of tea certainly won't put me off doing my car my way i'm sure i will receive a better reception from fellow scottish owner's so count me in i'm sure it will be a laugh with Bill :wave:

Cool. Some people not taken to the modified bit I presume. There will always be those that like to keep as is, as long as those cars are about I dont see a problem with modified versions.