Goldie

Bumper alignment

I may sound picky but im not 100% happy with the alignment of my bumpers, especially the front. The gap just doesnt seem quite right and isnt constant right the way around...

So, who's tweaked theres, any tips, whats the best way of going about this...????

it's a reet ball ache as you need to fully fit it, remove and adjust the 3 bolts on the iron brackets as they are slotted/orbital then re-fit and tighten and check again etc.

Just time consuming but if you tuck the wheel arch liners out the way and get all the lamp wires tucked away it's a much faster job.

May take 3 or 4 attempts.

They were actually a bit sh1t from the factory anyway :lol:

---------- Post added at 9:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:12 PM ----------

And what's picky about that? It's gotta be right dude ;)

I had a feeling it was going to be a pain... I have got an awful lot to get done tomorrow...

Why did you have to post about this mate as it is something that really annoy's me as i am in the same boat don't know if the fact the car is an early trying to wear a late bumper it is going to do my head in tomorrow when i am giving it a little spruce up for stanford.I am actually thinking of putting the porsche wheel's on cos i know there are going to be some very tasty car's there. AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh........................

Leave it for now then as it'll do your head in. Even Judes looks wonky :lol:

I bet just about everyones bumpers arent bob on if they look close enough.. Ive got to do the front though, its doing my head in...

Just dont faff with anything that will stop you getting to Stanford. There a lot of people doing jobs they shouldn't be doing this week :lol:

Im pretty much ready, no splitter on yet, not washed and now the bumpers.. Ive got a date with a toothbrush and a drive shaft.. I need to talk to you about that Sunday Kip.....

So, bumpers, im assuming the adjustment point are on the brackets that slot into the car, could i do the front with it tilted forward to save having to disconnect the cables?

I bet just about everyones bumpers arent bob on if they look close enough.. Ive got to do the front though, its doing my head in...

What do you mean front? I thought you were talking about the front AAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Now i'm going to be looking at the back as well :crazyeyes:

OK Mate ;)

Nope you need to completely remove the bumper, the bolts are where the bumper iron meets the bracket the 2 main bolts go through. 3 on each bracket, i adjust one side at a time then re-fit check etc.

---------- Post added at 9:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 PM ----------

:lol: quality laughage James. :salute:

OK Mate ;)

Nope you need to completely remove the bumper, the bolts are where the bumper iron meets the bracket the 2 main bolts go through. 3 on each bracket, i adjust one side at a time then re-fit check etc.

---------- Post added at 9:38 PM ---------- Previous post was at 9:37 PM ----------

:lol: quality laughage James. :salute:

I wasn't obsessed with silly thing's when i first bought car now ahhh mate the slightest thing and it's "Right it's going in for a respray" my sanity is at stake with this bloomin car :bounce2: :wave: thank's matey i'm not worried about anything now :lol::lol::lol:

To align properly you will need to take the whole front bumper off, and mess about with the fixings on the back of the bumper.

But this will only give you lift or drop from the front, if you want to lift the sides up you will have to remove the hangers from the side and elongate the holes to give it lift. As there is no adjustment on them and then you will have to fabricate so you can secure the hangers.

Took me a weekend to get mine sitting right.

I've thought about this over the years while messing with Rado's and had noticed variations with heights on the front bumper. Got an idea of shimming up the either side where necessary, never got around to doing anything.

Mine is a one side higher than the other, im not even checking for anything else.....

---------- Post added at 10:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 10:11 PM ----------

I wasn't obsessed with silly thing's when i first bought car now ahhh mate the slightest thing and it's "Right it's going in for a respray" my sanity is at stake with this bloomin car :bounce2: :wave: thank's matey i'm not worried about anything now :lol::lol::lol:

Respray.. I think most would say that car has had a mega high standard of respray.. To do it again, madness, just straighten your bumpers...

You know your Corrado's prettey much perfect when you start worrying about slight bumper misalignment!

My front bumper looks a bit odd too, the gap just looks a bit too big.

Maybe they're all like that :)

Been meaning to sort mine out for ages..

There's an article on the Corrado Club of Canada website, about how to adjust it slightly, so it fits better. I'll have to find the link