northG60

New rear VW logo chrome badge?

I did have a search about and can only see second hand ones?

can anyone point me in the right direction of a supplier for the REAR VW logo badge ? (UK preferred)

cheers guys

I believe the Round VW Badge in Chrome is obsolete - You can also use a late MK2 Golf one and change over the backing plate, however they went obsolete last year as well according to my dealer.

Not sure if it is available from Classic Parts though?

Ian.

There are a lot more Mk2s in scrapyards (and on eBay) though! I have a couple of used ones but none with perfect chrome. VW Heritage do the pre-87 part (as fitted to Golf Mk1 Cabrio) but not the later one that Corrados have.

I used a Mk2 one for a while until I gave up on finding nice chrome badges and sprayed a set of black badges in VW Brilliant Orange instead 8)

Stone

Heritage have one listed

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_spares_Badge-VW-Roundel-Chrome-Corrado-89-95-357853601_act_shop.product_pID_122340045_lang_EN_country_GB.htm

but no stock

The part number on there is 357853601, but that doesn't bring up an exact match from Classic parts

http://www.vwheritage.com/vw_act_vwclassicParts.search.htm?classicSearchText=357853601

It changes to 357853601B041 , which I think is a black badge?

i'm gonna have to keep my eyes peeled on ebay cause i swear there was a company selling them from greece (not original part) i know there is one currently up for sale but its at £25 plus £5 for post and its got 5 days left so it will go for silly money for what it is.

i can get a black one from ebay but my car is grey so black will look kinda weird hmmm

GPC used to sell them - but I've not heard from them for a while.. don't know if they're still going?

I bought an all-black one years back, and I'm now glad that I'm keeping the original one clean and *not stolen* in the house somewhere! :)

well .....in an insane stroke of luck i was sat in traffic today on my way to work and actually spotted MY rear VW badge at the side of the road 8) so i jumped out the car and grabbed it and its not even damaged.

would be good if we could find a source of these badges in chrome for the future though ? as i dont think ill be so lucky again lol

well .....in an insane stroke of luck i was sat in traffic today on my way to work and actually spotted MY rear VW badge at the side of the road 8) so i jumped out the car and grabbed it and its not even damaged.

would be good if we could find a source of these badges in chrome for the future though ? as i dont think ill be so lucky again lol

Awesome, think that cancels out my fans catching fire twice!

The blue badge grommets cost pence, and swapping them for new ones makes a huge difference to how firmly the badges are held on. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

Stone

Awesome find , bet you couldn't believe your eyes when you saw it on the road !

Awesome, think that cancels out my fans catching fire twice!

The blue badge grommets cost pence, and swapping them for new ones makes a huge difference to how firmly the badges are held on. PM me your address and I'll send you a couple.

Stone

PM sent Stone ! Thanks buddy

Yeah it was a moment of looking around and ....no surely not ? YES! i then drove home grinning like an idiot lol

i was dreading having to shell out around £50 for one (seen on ebay for that price)... cause i'm saving up for a new gearbox and clutch at the moment

Original rear chrome Corrado name badges are obsolete, I think.

Replacement rear Corrado name badge (comes primed) Off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Rear-Boot-Badge-Primered-/330981734341?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item4d100c77c5

Chrome paint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400ml-CHROME-Foil-Mirror-Metallic-Effect-Spray-Paint-Auto-DIY-Aerosol-Can-C018-/300771727309?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&hash=item46076457cd

Has anyone used this type of paint on plastic at all ??

I was thinking of buying one of these badges which are already primed,

and may be getting some chrome paint as above and spraying the badge chrome ??

What do you guys think to this.

Do you think it would look pants.

Or may be taking the badge to a company who will chrome plate it for me ??

Many thanks.

Si :scratch:

Original rear chrome Corrado name badges are obsolete, I think.

Replacement rear Corrado name badge (comes primed) Off Ebay.

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/VW-Corrado-Rear-Boot-Badge-Primered-/330981734341?pt=UK_CarsParts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&fits=Model%3ACorrado&hash=item4d100c77c5

Chrome paint

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/400ml-CHROME-Foil-Mirror-Metallic-Effect-Spray-Paint-Auto-DIY-Aerosol-Can-C018-/300771727309?pt=UK_DIY_Material_Paint_Varnish_MJ&hash=item46076457cd

Has anyone used this type of paint on plastic at all ??

I was thinking of buying one of these badges which are already primed,

and may be getting some chrome paint as above and spraying the badge chrome ??

What do you guys think to this.

Do you think it would look pants.

Or may be taking the badge to a company who will chrome plate it for me ??

Many thanks.

Si :scratch:

buy some chrome paint an have a go on something plastic first....

I tried chrome paint on the rear vw badge. it looked very pants and was more of a matt chrome finished that went weird after a few days out in the elements.