Tempest

NEC Classic Car Show 2013

The season end show, not to miss!

Last year in excess of 60.000 people walked through the gates at the NEC, to look at our cars.

5 car slots for us this year, so get your name down. Don't forget: You MUST get your car to the NEC by Thursday 14/11/2013 12:00, leave it inside the hall on our stand till Sunday 17/11/2011 17:30, no vehicle movement duing the show. You will get a car parking pass for a support vehicle (to get from and to the show during the show dates) as well as wristbands for each show day.

Only fill in your name if you are going to display your car for the full 3 days. No need to register if you are only intending on visiting the show as a day visitor, but not put car on stand.

Visit the official Classic Car Show website for things like hotels (in case you are travelling from further afield), but may I suggest the possibilty of staying in nearby Coventry (much cheaper hotel costs), and taking the excellent 10-minute train conection straight to the NEC/B'ham airport train station. Ibis hotel in Coventry Centre, eg., 10 minute walk from Coventry train station usually a lot cheaper than any of the on-site hotels.

Day visitors: Use the discount code that will be advertised in CCGB stuff shortly ;-), then hand in the ticket stubs to Eric on the CCGB stand, so that the CCGB can get a small bonus per ticket handed in to the organisers. We'll be in Hall 7, stand 340, opposite of the Scirocco Register and Golf Mk1 Owners Club stands.

Tempest

Still have spaces left. Don't be shy, this is an excellent show to visit if you're remotely interested in anything car-related :), let alone if you are seriously interested in anything to with cars and our Rados in particular.

Your car does NOT need to be in concours condition for you to display it on CCGB club stands, btw, folks, just get it on the stand :)

Tempest

Anyone else? Fully manned stand, so even if you can´t or don´t want to be attending the show for the full 3 days (Fri till Sun), there will be someone on the stand during all 3 days watching over the cars.

Nearby cheap hotels (lots of things to see around Birmingham and Coventry, too): Ibis in Coventry, Premier Inn in Coventry, both a 10-minute train trip from the NEC (NEC has its own train station where pretty much all trains including Virgin Pendolinos stop), and Coventry is cheaper for hotels than staying either in Birmingham or on the NEC site itself.

Birmingham does have the full German Xmas market in full swing during that weekend, too, another reason to come down (or up, depending on where in the country you are), methinks :)

Tempest

Seems like a monologue here :lol:

Anyway, received this from the organisers :)

During the day we will also have car and bike parades of those

vehicles that tie into the show’s theme of ‘Classics Reunited’. If you

have a club member with a fantastic car or bike and an equally

great story to tell that has not got their vehicle on your stand but

would like to have their vehicle on stage and be interviewed, please

contact me (Tempest), and I will sort it out for you.

Those owners who bring vehicles for the stage receive two passes

into the show and a parking pass. They can be available for one of

the show days or appear in all three. Just ask them to get in touch with

some details on their story and I’ll take it from there.

Tempest

dude if i could get the time of work i would but used all my holiday! next year this will be a definite!

Opening times for this event, in case you want to come and visit the hardy bunch manning the CCGB stand :)

Friday, 15 November: 10:00 - 18:30

Saturday, 16 November: 9:00 - 18:30

Sunday, 17 November: 9:00 - 17:30

Still have 2 slots for Rados available :)

Come and say hello.

Tempest

Scheisse! I bought tickets last week. Didn't even occur to me to check if CCGB had a stand :( Stupid me.

I would have driven over from Koln and joined the stand (if you'd have me).

I'll pop round and have a chat. I guess I missed out on the CCGB offer? Member #1817

Edited by MikeVR6

Just booked my tickets for this Friday and had a look at the show stand layout. Looks like the CCGB has got a cracking position (stand 7-340) on one of the main drags through Hall 7.

[ATTACH=CONFIG]76362[/ATTACH]

Indeed, right opposite the Opel manta Owners Club :lol:

Mike and Ed from Wheeler Dealers within shouting distance, too :)

Tempest

Especially frustrating given the great position we only managed to get three Corrado's for the stand! The amount of footfall at this show is incredible and if you enjoy showing off your car and chatting to folks about your car, it's THE show of all shows.

Would love to have made it, but my car is undergoing some serious surgery at the moment! :(

Bring your ticket stub to the stand :)

CCGB is in hall 7, stand 340, within shouting distance of the Wheeler Dealer stand, opposite the ScirccoRegister and Mk1 Golf Owners Club on one side and the Manta Owners Club on the other side.

Tempest

Stand looks good - setup today. Spent bloody hours giving the car a clean and polish to try and make it look presentable.. some absolute minters though on the MK1 and Scirocco Register stands! :)

Hope to see some of you over the weekend - I'll be loitering around the CCGB stand as much as possible.

Second that: CCGB have an excellent stand: Thanks to Ron and Jim for setting up, whilst I had to after having dropped off my C rush back to work.

Spent the evening after work cleaning my C, and having a walk around the still silent halls, silent apart from Ed and Mike from Wheeler Dealers already testing their sound rigs :)

Tempest

Aiming to be there for about 9.30 :) See some of you tomorrow hopefully! We had a good day today - sold some merchandise and chatted to a fair few folks!

Aiming to be there for about 9.30 :) See some of you tomorrow hopefully! We had a good day today - sold some merchandise and chatted to a fair few folks!

Good on you Jim if it was just round the corner for me I would have been there maybe next year