Tempest

NEC Classic Car Show 2013

Had a great day at the show on Friday. The CCGB stand was looking very good indeed. A fine effort by Eric, Ron and Jim.

Had a great day at the show on Friday. The CCGB stand was looking very good indeed. A fine effort by Eric, Ron and Jim.

any picture of the stand ???

I'm on my way to the show now, actually waiting at motorcycle museum for a couple of mates. Will take a pic of the stand when I find it for all to see.

Will try and get a good pic tomorrow before it gets too busy :)

My pics of Thursday night:http://www.ericcoolen.webspace.virginmedia.com/pictures/NEC2013/index.html

Tempest

whats the blue jag that was there, is that a production car?

Great pictures of some great cars. Will make sure this gets marked on the calendar next year so I'm not double booked

Wish I'd gone to this. Who's corrados are on the stand?

You still can Chris it's on 2moro too.

Wish I'd gone to this. Who's corrados are on the stand?

My VR, Tempest's G60, and Rocket Ron's VR6 :)

What a fantastic weekend :) Very long / tiring of course but lost count of how many new and old faces I caught up with on the club stand, including folks who'd come from all over Europe (and even Canada) to talk to us about Corrado's. Really makes me appreciate that there's still a lot of interest and enthusiasm out there for these cars - from men and women of all ages.

I barely left the club stand all weekend apart from snack / loo breaks, and to make my way to the Sporting Bears / Dream Rides hall this morning for a passenger ride in a Tesla Roadster - which was probably one of the most spectacular cars I've ever been in. Jaw dropping performance!

Thanks to everyone who came by for a chat, and thank you to the folks who helped setting up / tearing down the club stand, and manning it over the course of the weekend - Rocket Ron, Tempest, Supercharged, and GlosterOx.

We were in a good central spot (across the hall from the Wheeler Dealers live stage) and got lots of footfall on the stand :)

Just a bit sad that you were struggling to fill the space's so basically 3 mod's had to step up. All going well with my car I will be there next year we all go on about the profile off the corrado fading and moaning about the prices dropping but when it come's to going to a show in order to up the corrado's profile nobody want's to know. Good on you Jim/Eric/Ron you are true enthusiast's shame on the other's (mine is sorned due to a power steering leak) MOT Failure I will be there nxt year Anybody Else???????

Cheers James. It's a mixture of feelings for me - I was actually happy enough to put my car on the stand this year after the arch work to clear the rust.. the old girl polished up well, and I got a lot of positive compliments. But also frustrating that we couldn't fill the stand on the cars 25th birthday.

Speaking to GlosterOx this weekend I did have to concede that he made a fair point about the commitment required for the show, and that perhaps my expectations of other peoples free time was unrealistic - a point I took onboard. The cars had to be in the hall first thing Thursday morning and we didn't get out of the show till about 6.30pm this evening. It's a lot of commitment - and I am fortunate I live very locally to the NEC (15 minute drive) and am only 10 minutes on the train to get there if needs be, and was able to take the time off work no problems.

But honestly for folks who are proud of their car and want to show it off to enthusiasts, chat and help with Corrado queries, or just shoot the breeze about cars (and get three days free entry to a show which normally costs £27/day!!) there is honestly no finer show.

But honestly for folks who are proud of their car and want to show it off to enthusiasts, chat and help with Corrado queries, or just shoot the breeze about cars (and get three days free entry to a show which normally costs £27/day!!) there is honestly no finer show.

This sum's it up mate.Maybe some are not true enthusiasts ;) I will be there although mine is sorned at the moment that is because of a power steering leak not beacause I don't want to use it in the winter.Normally mine would be taxed for the year even though I will restrict usage in the winter I will use it for show's not just weather dependant. Good on you Jim :salute::salute:

Hi

All we get these days from CLUB MEMBERS are excuses and the good ideas club with no action. Myself I had to travel all the way from Portsmouth NEARLY 200 miles just arrived in the door 9pm. So this event is not just open to local members.

As we say you get out what you put into a club.

On a high note though we did manage to Raise £50 for Children In Need on the stand and sold load of CCGB Merchandise with positive feedback on new T Shirts

Thanks again to Eric Jim and co for all your help could not have done it without you.

What a fantastic weekend. The show was amazing. On a par with Techno Classica here in Germany. Of course this show is very British Car centric which makes it even more interesting for me. I'm fed up looking at Bimmers & Mercs :)

The Club stand was very well setup and in an excellent location. I was in a buying frenzy the whole weekend, not to mention enjoying a weekend away from the Family and visiting Brum for the first time ;) So only finally had to time to chat to Jim and Supercharged as they were pulling it all down. Making them miss the final "Horn Push" at the end (sorry).

I think next year I'll do my best to bring my car over. Although I'm a little worried it won't be on a par condition-wise with the others. They set a high standard.

It is quite a lot of time to take off work so close to the end of the year but if you're a true car enthusiast and don't mind chatting with lots of like-minded people, this is the show for you.

Hats off to the boys. Roll on next year's show season. :)

Great show as usual!

Had an interesting drive to the NEC Thursday morning, my ABS pump having failed (and on non-UK cars this also means the brakes no longer work, very firm pedal pushes are needed to brake, as no assistance exists without the pump), big thanks to Jim for having driven my C back home again, whilst I was bringing a good friend and former G60-Rado owner (thanks to whose G60 I entered Corrado-ownership) from Germany back to Stansted airport, so I did also miss the horn-blowing finale of the show.

Thanks to all those that did visit us on the stand, and yes, I can only echo what's been said: Best opportunity to show off your car (even when it's got a knackered ABS :lol:).

Had a great 3 days!

Looking forward to next year already :)

Tempest

Was a great weekend guys and hope everyone got home ok!

Knackered today!!

Was nice to meet you on Saturday Steve and have a chat, too much local "brew" by any chance?

Ian.