BILLCOR

Bodyshop Caught Speeding

Wow, that's pretty bad. In my time working for a local car dealers I only heard of someone doing something like this once.... and he wasn't caught on camera, he was caught by the MD! :lol: Instant dismisal

not read the ed38 bit.... but when my current corrado was in for its first service at vw in 1996 something similar happened....

I dropped it off in the morning intending to pick it up later in the day.... I worked in the local town and was visiting a customer on the local industrial estate (using a company car) I spotted mine parked out side a block of flats. on my way back my car flew past me at the traffic lights with a young technician in it.....

not pleased I had a few words at vw and a free service.

That is shocking, and clearly happens a lot as I've heard countless stories to this effect. Blows my mind that they think they can treat customers cars like this.

Hope the guy manages to get it resolved - absolutely shocking.

if ever there was a case for valet mode on ECU's

Limit car to 2,500PM and 65MPH :)

That's shocking. I'm not surprised that somebody took it out for a test drive, but they should have shown some respect/restraint. Speeding a bit is one thing, but doing that speed in a 40 is appalling. Hopefully the culprit will be banned and sacked.

I saw this on E38 and I must admit that Ben Chods reply did make me smile. Even more so when it was so obviously a wind up and he hooked so many of them :lol:

Happens all over the world. Fast and Loud episodes of the Ferrari F40 if you havn't seen it. Basically a one owner low mile stock F40 went into Ferrari for a service, and one of the young workers ploughed it through a shop window ragging the bejesus out of it. Nice turnaround from the Gas Monkeys though. :cool:

It's the same mentality people have when giving a rental car a good thrashing, but the brain dead morons who infect some dealers and bodyshops have no self control, no respect, think they're clever, think they're funny and need an aluminium baseball bat taking to the backs of their heads.

We have a Supercar dealer round the corner from my office and when walking to Tesco at lunch times, I always see young technicians thrashing Ferraris, Porsches, Maseratis etc around the estate. I've also seen them in the town centre with their overalls removed trying to pick up girls in customers cars!!

I have to say, some of these Ferraris sound bloody awful at urban speeds.

My old Standlone had a Valet mode. I could restrict the throttle opening and / or rpm. Very handy. It also logged rpm etc, so I could see if some chump redlined it frequently. I'm pretty sure the newer VAGs have all this as well.

I actually have a dashcam/GPS kit nowadays, so that records everything that goes on, even when parked.

Might put it to the test tomorrow as its going for MOT, but i trust the garage. One of mechanics there is who i bought the corrado from.

Just read the replies,some of it is well tongue in cheek

I don't go on Ed38 much,didn't realise the Baron was a mod on there !

:dorky: yup.. new addition to the crew, mainly there to sort out the classifieds. I search classifieds daily anyway [always out for a bargain] and get so annoyed with bad adverts they asked me to sort them out!