Jamie

Jamie's Flash Red VR6 - Woken From Hibernation

IMG_0749.jpg

IMG_0744.jpg

IMG_0743.jpg

IMG_0745.jpg

9009E8FA-A24E-401E-872C-78D133BCED61.jpg

I know the engine bay needs a clean but never realised how wonky the front bumper is. Something else to sort over the winter :)

Edited by Jamie

Cheers for the comments chaps :)

Engine bay looks clean in the pic but believe me it's in dire need of a spruce up. The whole thing needs a good clean including the tyres but it was just that I saw a bit of blue sky so quickly nipped out to grab some pics.

Might have to take the manifold off - it encourages an irresponsible driving style :lol: Can't wait to get it properly set up in the spring.

Nothing too major planned for the winter - saving for Worthersee. Mainly going to get the boot build finished and do a few little bits and pieces that need attention.

Thanks Gents :)

Sean - take the n/s bolt out, loosen the o/as and it hinges enough to undo the cap - 5 mins max. Not that you ever need to eh Harrier? :lol:

looks awesome.. quick question on your front bumper fogs and indicators.. are those coated with lamin x ? or are they replacement lights smoked glass?? thinking i need to do something with mine.. i like the darker look

Thanks Bully.

Yeah it's Lamin-X. They look a lot darker in pictures than in real life. It is quite dark but nowhere near as dark as the pics suggest and is more a greyish colour. Really easy to use as well. Don't know if you know but if you PM Riley on here he'll give you a Lamin-X discount code.

Well seeing as I don't have a build thread I thought I'd just update this one. I got it taxed on Monday and took it out for the first blast of the year with the new VSR chip in - never realised how much I'd missed driving it!

Got a fair few little bits and pieces done over the winter but nothing majorly exciting unfortunately

Remote central locking fitted

Remote boot release fitted

MKIV Golf key fob conversion

Heater dial illumination made and fitted

One touch sunroof open relay

Porsche oil cap (birthday present from my girls) fitted

Repaired the broken VibraTec engine mount

SWG scuttle fitted

Repaired the broken mirror housing and fitted blue tint convex mirror glass. Really not impressed with the mirror glass - the glass reminds me of the plastic mirrors on the eyewash station on the trucks at work, it's awful! Almost gives me a headache looking in the mirrors.

Boot build trimmed and illumination done

Then a few boring service jobs like oil and filter change, trans fluid, rear pads (one of which had disintegrated!) and a handbrake cable which had seized off.

The planned interior retrim never happened unfortunately but is still on the cards for later in the year if I don't find the Recaro interior I'm looking for.

So that's that for now and other than an MOT and new door mirror glass, just going to get the bonnet and spoiler repaired and painted then do a bit of pre Worthersee maintenance.

Repaired the broken mirror housing and fitted blue tint convex mirror glass. Really not impressed with the mirror glass - the glass reminds me of the plastic mirrors on the eyewash station on the trucks at work, it's awful! Almost gives me a headache looking in the mirrors.

Are these the replacement ones off E Bay? I have just bought a pair of blue convex ones too so be interesting to see how I get on with them!

Ian.

Yeah they're the ones Ian. They were only about £15 for the pair and looked great when I first fitted them but driving with them is terrible

Spent the day sprucing up ready for Worthersee :)

B9282AE2-27D7-41BF-9A88-F96B77FC7DAF.jpg

And a quick one of my mates sorting their cars ready to go

7851374E-91A4-41AE-BB83-0B868C707066.jpg

Think I prefer your Corrado to the other two - looks superb. Do you and your mates rent an industrial unit?

Spent the day sprucing up ready for Worthersee :)

B9282AE2-27D7-41BF-9A88-F96B77FC7DAF.jpg

[/url]

What a great looking corrado!

Thanks for the kind comments :) Will chuck a few pictures up in here but there will be plenty on my Instagram if you want to have a look - @___jamie___

As much as I like my Corrado I've got to be honest - I would be hard pressed to choose which of the three to take home (not to mention the ABF'd MKI that's not in the picture) if I had the choice. Both the MKII and the Scirocco are really, really sweet cars.

The unit belongs to my friend Chris (the Scirocco owner) who is a very decent type of chap and is kind enough to open it up for us to use when we need it. He needs to buy a kettle though :lol: