Leonard

Classic Car Insurance Quote - Me being Lazy - Is this quite good?

Hi

Want to put the Corrado on a classic policy and just had a quote of £260 from Classicline which seems ok

Age 39

Good postcode

Garaged

3000 miles

Mods declared

breakdown

£250 excess

£75 windscreen

Agreed value £6500

Seems pretty good price, but I am getting on a bit now and wondered what others were paying to save me phoning around everywhere :D

Thank you

Matt

Seems to be about the going rate, and Classic Line do seem pretty competitive. I have insured with them in the past when my Corrado was not being used as my daily.

Getting on a bit...oooh you're nearly dead at 39 mate, may as well just give in now and let me have your Corrado :D

What's yours got on it to make it worth £6500?!!

I was waiting for the price bashing Kev ;) LOL

I figure:

VSR £1250

Wheels £1000

Cams etc £300

other stuff £500+

Then as a standard pretty mint VR6 with Recaros and 85k on the clock £4000

And you can have the Corrado but for £6.5k :p :D

Fair enough. I thought you might have snuck a turbo on there during your absence :)

It's better to over-estimate than under-estimate when it comes to insurance because you never get the agreed value back anyway, even though it was 'agreed', but don't get me started on ins companies! :D

My vr6 is agreed value of £3000, Garaged, 5000 miles per year, M postcode (not so good apparently)Im just reaching the wrong side of 40 £163.00:thumbleft:

My vr6 is agreed value of £3000, Garaged, 5000 miles per year, M postcode (not so good apparently)Im just reaching the wrong side of 40 £163.00:thumbleft:

Well I never,

I got a quote and it was a bit expensive and I,m very that side of 40...lol

Edited by Ray1965

I'm going to try these two insurers . Mines up in April . I pay £280 with performance direct , £5000 agreed value , 3000 miles , mods and I'm 45 this year .

Rob

I find it hit and miss with insurance companies, i had quotes off some that were recommended on here and they were more than double what i paid next nearest was Adrian Flux at just short of £200. Classicline wouldnt even quote because of my postcode lol.

Nice to see im not the only old timer on here ha

LV wouldn't insure me as car is not quite 20 years old yet!

So went with Classicline, seemed a helpful bunch and included road assistance FOC

Not a VR but my G60 is through Adrian Flux and I'm paying £183 with all mods listed and replaced like for like and £5000 GV. I'm 32 so I think that classes as being young still?

I've just rang classic line and they won't do a classic policy and can't insure me because of the mods . I simply fail to understand these people and the way they conduct their quotes . How do some people get ins with mods and some don't ? . I hate insuring the car , once you have been online every tom dick n Harry is constantly ringing you wanting to give you a quote . Think I will stick with performance direct . No nonsense insurers .

I've just rang classic line and they won't do a classic policy and can't insure me because of the mods . I simply fail to understand these people and the way they conduct their quotes . How do some people get ins with mods and some don't ? . I hate insuring the car , once you have been online every tom dick n Harry is constantly ringing you wanting to give you a quote . Think I will stick with performance direct . No nonsense insurers .

Ive not long renewed my VR insurance & found Martin at HIC to be very helpful. They will cover mods & also offer agreed value for modded cars. Martin produced the lowest quote i could find without compromising the policy. He posts on here m8

My car:

1990 16v, lowered, sports exhaust

Me:

32 years old

No points, ever!

1 Non fault claim nearly 5 years ago

Policy:

Classic policy

5000 mile limit

Commuting

I have to have unrestricted use of another car

£150 excess

£104 per year! I'm happy with that.

Brokers are RH. The underwriter is Equity Red Star, a bit communist east sounding..

Ten minutes later Classic Line gave me a quote for cover with with Equity Red Star for £231.50, their man got a bit sh1tty when I said I'd been offered it for less than half that with the same underwriter.

Adrian Flux

50 years old embarrassed-smiley-face.gif

Standard vr6

Classic policy

3000 mile limit

Commuting

£126