CazzaVR

Bristol Volksfest 6-8th June *Convoy & BBQ Details*

Will do, Dan :)

I guess we need to meet a little earlier at The Huntsman. Ian, would you be able to nab any banners etc from National Day? Don't want the stand at Volksfest looking bare ;)

Will ask around on Sunday re: banners Andy.

Ian.

Right , thats me registered for the ccgb . I should be there on sunday , as i want to enter for the show and shine . Quick question for you lot . My car is near on mint body wise . Bay is clean but not A1 . Interior is clean ,but the front seats are not mint . Having never been to a big show before is it worth me entering ?, ie are all show n shine cars totally mint in every respect . If so i will turn up on saturday instead .

Many thanks

Rob

Right , thats me registered for the ccgb . I should be there on sunday , as i want to enter for the show and shine . Quick question for you lot . My car is near on mint body wise . Bay is clean but not A1 . Interior is clean ,but the front seats are not mint . Having never been to a big show before is it worth me entering ?, ie are all show n shine cars totally mint in every respect . If so i will turn up on saturday instead .

Many thanks

Rob

I'm sure you're car will be absolutely fine to enter the show & shine Rob,whether it's mint or not it's more about making an effort to get the car as clean as possible & just get it on show. It's more of a laid back show than some like say Stanford Hall where the standard is really high. If your engine bay isn't A1 then don't bother lifting the bonnet & if your concerned about the interior then leave the windows closed !

I should be entering S&S too & my engine bay is far from mint !

Daren

What time would the BBQ be planned for roughly Andy? Just wondering if its an afternoon or later in the day with a few beers and the risk of salmonella one! :silent::lol:

I've gotta leave late Saturday afternoon/early Evening to get back down due to work Sunday really mate. :thumbleft:

Usually evening, but would be happy for lunchtime. Let's take a vote on it...

Do i have to have the club membership and members number to enter on sunday , sorry if this seems a daft question .Im registered now but im waiting for my stuff to arrive .

Rob

I'm hoping to get along to this on the Saturday as didn't make the National last weekend. It sounds like a good show.

Rob, no you won't need anything.

Bill, I'll put you on the list 8)

Sorry chaps, but doesn't look like the BBQ will happen. I just won't have time this week to get it organised :( someone else is more than welcome to take over the reins ;)

Sorry chaps, but doesn't look like the BBQ will happen. I just won't have time this week to get it organised :( someone else is more than welcome to take over the reins ;)

Let's just each bring along what we want to eat & bring some disposable bbq's & go from there ?

For info, online tickets have now closed so you'll have to get them on the day..

I'm planning of coming up early Saturday morning and camping, where abouts do we camp? And can I have a post code for the huntsman, I take it we are still planning on a convoy.

Rog.

Think they're coming south from Gloucester Rog. I'll be leaving about dinner time so I'll give the barbie a miss this time. May have the kids in tow too which means I'd have to leave earlier still.

For info, online tickets have now closed so you'll have to get them on the day..

I'm planning of coming up early Saturday morning and camping, where abouts do we camp? And can I have a post code for the huntsman, I take it we are still planning on a convoy.

Rog.

You camp on-site with the cars on the allocated plot Rog.

Ian.

Won't see you on Sunday them Sean ?

No Rob. You not coming up Saturday and camping so you have plenty of time to prep for show and shine?...........

An unexpected fixture clash (my youngest representing his school in the county festival of sport) means I can't now make this unfortunately :-( Hope you all have a great day and the sun shines for ya!

The Festival of Youth Sport finishes at lunchtime- get yourself over for the afternoon!

The Festival of Youth Sport finishes at lunchtime- get yourself over for the afternoon!

Sadly not, athletics finishes at 2pm and then there are the award ceremonies (hopefully worth staying for!)

I have dug out my old barby its over 2ft long (needs a bit of a resto) and has been to lemans numerous times and cooked everyones tea has to be a relay affair but if we bring some charcoal everyone is welcome to use it ah the joy of having a boot!

Uh oh. I won't be making the journey if it's ****ing down. I'll check the weather Friday but I don't fancy making a 2 hour journey and the possibility of having the kids in tow if it's gonna be raining.

Uh oh. I won't be making the journey if it's ****ing down. I'll check the weather Friday but I don't fancy making a 2 hour journey and the possibility of having the kids in tow if it's gonna be raining.

Very sensible Sean, the weather in this area has been terrible all day.

Ian.