Hofmiester

Help OBD1 VS OBD2 Shrick VGI.....How to tell?

Hi Guys,

The Shrick I bought off ebay arrived. Looks good condition and even came in the original Shrick box :)

But I have a feeling at may be OBD2? how cna I tell?

I read that the bolt holes for OBD2 are M6 and OBD1 is M8 but I cant tell without a tool to measure them. They look like M6 by eye. Any other ways to tell?

Thanks

Ron

OBD1 throttle body is bigger bore and yep, bigger bolts too. If you offfer up your OBD1 throttle, you'll be able to tell immediately but the good news is the throttle flange is available in OBD1 and OBD2 flavours seperately.

The throttle flange is certainly available but at a price. I tried to get hold of a used one when I swapped to OBD2 but there were none available. Gave up and called Stealth for a price on the part........once I'd picked myself up off the floor I decided that I'd sell the Schrick and make do with the OBD2 benefits on their own!

I can't say for sure but I'd imagine it's just an improvement on the power benefits similar to obd1 to obd2 conversion.

The obd2 restricts top end in benefit of bottom end power and improved torque curve, with the variable intake I'd say you'd get the top end power of the obd1 but with bottom end of obd2 and then from what I've seen a bit more power overall.

thanks Dave. I might just try and fit the OBD1 inlet manifold to my setup to get some more of the top end and compare it with my current setup with the 2.8 manifold. Not that it will compare with a proper schrick!

That's interesting. I've got an adapter plate for the obd2 throttle body to obd1 manifold so I'll give it a go once ive polished up the manifold.