Roger Chatfield

The Storm thread

Now I know there was 500 Storms made but the other day I got to wondering how many are left and how many there are on this forum...

So, lets see many there are.

I'll go first.

1. Mystic Blue - Roger Chatfield

Be careful about posting your names. Some conniving get might track you down and steal your motor.

3. Mystic Blue - Mikevr6 - Cologne, Germany

Be careful about posting your names. Some conniving get might track you down and steal your motor.

3. Mystic Blue - Mikevr6 - Cologne, Germany

Yeah, really worth the effort for a £4000 car :)

Guys, give Vaughan (vornwend) a shout. He's been keeping a Storm register for a number of years ;)

It's a shame as they are worth alot more or should be unless it's Roger's tapping it's ti*s off with a dodgy tappet :lol: Only kidding Rog ;)

It's a shame as they are worth alot more or should be unless it's Roger's tapping it's ti*s off with a dodgy tappet :lol: Only kidding Rog ;)

I blame the previous owner, think I've bought a ringer... ;) :)

its just a different colour, set of storm badges and a set of rims off a golf with a sprayed front grill :) nothing unique its still a rado :)

Pretty sure MINE is actually that! Except it doesn't even have a sprayed grille anymore! :rolleyes:

Your's Sean is without a doubt a Ringer mate :lol:

I blame the previous owner, think I've bought a ringer... ;) :)

Cheeky monkey! Careful, or you'll end up with a name change...

Cheeky monkey! Careful, or you'll end up with a name change...

:lol: I vote for "Roger the Lodger"

:lol: I vote for "Roger the Lodger"

Might as well since I spend most of my time lying under that bloody dog VR Andy sold me....lol

Seriously though, I in no way blame Andy for any of the problems I've had, I genuinely believe he sold me the car in good faith and I've just been a bit unlucky.

Rog.

Your's Sean is without a doubt a Ringer mate :lol:

It's true though mate. I'm pretty sure that as the dealership was the first registered keeper, and it did 80k in less than four years of their ownership, they probably used it as their pool car. They obviously wanted a bit of a jump on the general public though, as it was registered at the end of Jan 95.

Might as well since I spend most of my time lying under that bloody dog VR Andy sold me....lol

Seriously though, I in no way blame Andy for any of the problems I've had, I genuinely believe he sold me the car in good faith and I've just been a bit unlucky.

Rog.

Rog I've had had it with the daily vectra nowt to do with the previous owner but people who he trusted to do the work right to his car never i.e. when the timing belt was done they didn't do the proper tightening up procedure but due to the way the previous guy drove it (why I bought it) it was fine. I replaced all the bushes on the rear we dropped car started it and it sounded like a Diesel!!! Why because the timing belt had jumped 4 teeth on the crank very lucky for me in the "safe zone" so no bent valves and now a new Timing belt kit is on (was due anyway) it's purring like a pussy cat and pull's like a train. And the guy I bought it from gave me some money back too :x-mas:

Rog.

Tadger Shagfield gets my vote :lol:

Thanks Rog. Was a real wrench selling it. We all know that all Corrado's will have the odd niggle now and then, but you've had some serious bad luck. Can't believe the engine probs :( it wanted for nothing all its life and was always smooth and quick and flew through MOT's with very low emissions. The extensive paperwork from Stealth was also a reassuring factor. I've been genuinely gutted to keep seeing the probs you've been having :( onwards and upwards- with the engine work you've just done, she should be trouble free for a long time...

Edited by CazzaVR

Tadger Shagfield gets my vote :lol:

Thanks Rog. Was a real wrench selling it. We all know that all Corrado's will have the odd niggle now and then, but you've had some serious bad luck. Can't believe the engine probs :( it wanted for nothing all its life and was always smooth and quick and flew through MOT's with very low emissions. The extensive paperwork from Stealth was also a reassuring factor. I've been genuinely gutted to keep seeing the probs you've been having :( onwards and upwards- with the engine work you've just done, she should be trouble free for a long time...

Totally agree with you Cazza but anyone looking to buy one of these know's the potential issue's due to the age of the car's which may be why we see certain one's selling for silly low money (but still get folk's saying that's too cheap) Seriously they have had very little money spent on them that's what they are worth.On the other hand to buy mine,Goldie's,ChrisL's,Vaghag's, N3p's etc you are going to have to pay a good bit more as these car's have had alot of money spent on them which obviously attract's a higher price tag.

It all depends what you spend the money on. I don't think anyone who has ever turbo'd their Corrado or even done a 2.8 24v conversion has got their money back. Having said that I don't think anyone who has a Corrado thinks I will spend X and my car is now worth X+1. There was a good article on Pistonheads the other day about this. Best bet IMHO is OEM+.

its just a different colour, set of storm badges and a set of rims off a golf with a sprayed front grill :) nothing unique its still a rado :)

Don't forget the faster reverse gear ;)