EJ Taylor

One Piece corrado scuttle panel?

Before i buy the SWG Motorsport one for £85 thought it worth checking if anyone has one on here or knows if they are cheaper anywhere else.

Thank you

Geta mk 2 Golf one they fit ok with a bit of trimming for the bonnet washer tube and wiring and some heat.

You can also then fit a B3 Passat wiper motor cover and it looks more fsctory than the SWG item.

Geta mk 2 Golf one they fit ok with a bit of trimming for the bonnet washer tube and wiring and some heat.

You can also then fit a B3 Passat wiper motor cover and it looks more fsctory than the SWG item.

I tried this and you need to relocate your ecu and the front edge of the scuttle is a slightly different shape as well. I have an SWG one but I'm really not keen on how it looks tbh.

I tried this and you need to relocate your ecu and the front edge of the scuttle is a slightly different shape as well. I have an SWG one but I'm really not keen on how it looks tbh.

yer man, see that was my thought, they look a bit, Milk tray chocolate packaging? if i got one i would have to colour code it, but whats the overall design like Jamie? i settle for nothing less than perfect so your feedback would/ could save me having to buy one then send it straight back,

yer man, see that was my thought, they look a bit, Milk tray chocolate packaging? if i got one i would have to colour code it, but whats the overall design like Jamie? i settle for nothing less than perfect so your feedback would/ could save me having to buy one then send it straight back,

Right my personal opinion is - they're awful. If I had seen one in the flesh before I'd bought mine I wouldn't have bothered. Colour coded on a dark car would probably work but as mines red I think colour coding it would look terrible. I'm going to leave mine on til I sort something else but am planning on spraying it with a matt textured paint to try and give it a bit more of a factory look.

Not keen on the Spoonfed ones either tbh and not sure he does them anymore.

Right my personal opinion is - they're awful. If I had seen one in the flesh before I'd bought mine I wouldn't have bothered. Colour coded on a dark car would probably work but as mines red I think colour coding it would look terrible. I'm going to leave mine on til I sort something else but am planning on spraying it with a matt textured paint to try and give it a bit more of a factory look.

Not keen on the Spoonfed ones either tbh and not sure he does them anymore.

So was it mainly the finish you were not pleased with? not the quality/ design?

It's the whole thing really mate. The shiny finish is the major thing, it just looks so aftermarket and kind of cheap. It's pretty flimsy as well and if I'm being really picky I don't like the whole "flat piece of shiny plastic" effect. Might put an upside down Rotiform sticker on it to break it up a bit :lol:

Again, this is very much a personal thing as there are loads of people who are more than happy with theirs.

I am with Jamie on this, they just look so out of place in the C engine bay.

I have gone with the mk2 hard type tray. Keeping my eyes out for a LHD version so I can mate the 2 together. But just a cover for the wiper motor would make things look a lot better. Here's mine so far. It had to be trimmed and a hole for the ECU chopped in but still looks good IMHO.

IMG_3325_zps052ae540.jpg

IMG_3335_zps8afaab44.jpg

^ See that looks mint, even with the hole for the ECU it looks loads better to me.

I did start modifying the channel on the MKII one I had to clear the ECU but it had a different profile on the front edge which didn't follow the shape front edge of the Corrado scuttle, so I gave up. Well that and I reversed over it :lol:

Got to agree with Jamie on this. Granted I've not owned one, but those are the reasons why I don't want to.

but it had a different profile on the front edge which didn't follow the shape front edge of the Corrado scuttle

I had to 'stretch' mine to get it on properly, its a bit narrower in places. I had brand new seals top and bottom to hold it in place so it wasn't much of an issue. With a quick run over with a heat gun it would probably stretch and reshape to fit a bit better.

The difficult part is finding a LHD version so I can make a one piece full length item from the 2.

Interesting points of view re the scuttle panels. I have an SWG one on mine and I really like it. Granted, I would probably like it more in a matt finish, but I still prefer it over not having one at all, and prefer it over OEM ones from other models. Would be boring if we all liked the same things I guess :)