TanVr6

BBS RS Dishes? Steel or Aluminium? Deep?

Hi there guys,

I have a set of original BBS RS Rims. which look great on the C.

Although, I would like to buy some new dishes for the back 2.

I have been told, I can buy aluminium or steel? and any depth I like from 1" upwards.

Anybody know the difference between alloy and steel on these? and if I get the 1.5" or 2" deep dish, will they be ok for the rears without sticking out too much?

If anyone has any advice or pics, that would be great!

Thanks guys

Stainless would be less maintenance, aluminium would require regular re-polishing to keep them shiny.

In terms of which size to get, that depends on the existing size/offset of the wheels?

As nick says it depends on which wheels you have at the moment. If you could post up yours specs ?

The wheels are BBS RS 301 Et 33 pcd 5x100. The tyres are Dunlop Sport SP9000 205/40R17.

I would like to keep them looking mint and quite deep?

My old, old set I believe! Keep them standard on the dishes in my opinion, they suit the Corrado much better like that.

I have stainless dishes all round very easy to maintain only down side is they weigh more and make the steering heavier.[ATTACH]78322[/ATTACH]

My old, old set I believe! Keep them standard on the dishes in my opinion, they suit the Corrado much better like that.

Yes indeed I believe they are, I got them off OSV couple of years ago...

Stainless would be less maintenance, aluminium would require regular re-polishing to keep them shiny.

In terms of which size to get, that depends on the existing size/offset of the wheels?

How often would they need re-polishing? I only do 2000 miles a year max.

Are they easy to re-polish and how?

As long as you keep on top of cleaning them, and seal them properly after polishing, I can't imagine more than every couple of months or so. It won't take long to give em a quick going over with general washing anyway. Again as long as they're not too bad, any reasonable metal polish will be fine.

When I had polished aluminium dishes on my old rs's I just used to wipe the brake dust off after a decent journey or if I'd been out in the rain I'd dry them when I put the car away. I didn't have to polish them much really

I'd be really tempted not to mess with them,not many sets now that are stock condition and if you widen the rears the dish profile will differ from the fronts....I had a set again off osv and the rears were 8 inch wide but used genuine stock dish....

I didnt want to mess with them but 2 of the dishes have got water corrosion around the valves and ruins the perfection of the rest of the wheel, and I can't be dealing with that for much longer... :(

I am a sucker for polished lips, just can't make the decision on steel or aluminium?

Will the steel be much heavier and if it's only the back two.

Will that help with keeping her grounded around Islands etc? When she's excited???

How deep can I go with them on the rear? And how will it affect the drive?

Depends on how low you are, if you're willing to run a stretch on your tyre, or have your arches modified (rolled/flared). I think you may be able to get an extra 1/2" on the rear but personally I would just get a set of stainless/radinox in the original fitment all round

I don't want to run stretch. Arches are not rolled either!

So 1" dishes at the back then?

umehadu7.jpgy8aha2ys.jpg

utyza2y9.jpg

Here is some pics of then fitted

The edge of the tyres are catching the arch when I go over any dips in the road.

215/40/17 at the back now

Can I get the rear arches rolled or will that solve the problem?

Edited by TanVr6
more pics

I have faulken fk 452 all round size 215/35/17 but I could fit a 225 at rear with my flared arches!

I don't have rolled arches yet?

That was not my first option

If I can change the tyres and stop them from rubbing that would be great!!!

How much of a stretch can I do? And would it help?

Let's say 210 or 205? With 35 ???

I need somebody local to take a look at my C...

Tba if the tyres are stretched it won't drive very well.. If you're rims around 8inch wide then as I said before 215/35 all round would fit easily ..