delfinis38

Goodwood festival of speed

Anyone going to goodwood at the end of the month ?

I shall be going Thursday for the motor show and Friday for the first hill session. Sadly rest of the weekend I've been told centre court Wimbledon tickets is more important.

Its price that always puts me off is it worth the 100 odd quid?

100% yes as long as the weather is okay..... it's not £100 individual days Thursday which is your motorshow day is £27 (normally lots of free tickets about through AA or daily telegraph), Friday is £46, sat and sunday is £60 per day unless you buy a weekend pass and grandstand tickets it more. it's gone up about a fiver this year too.

if you like your motor sport and fast exotic cars from classics to present day it's great very relaxed show walking round the pits, a variety of stuff goes up the hill from f1 cars and jenson button to sterling moss and classic bikes.... the hill record used to be ford transit van done up to look like a builders van with laders on top. don't think it was standard.....

personally I think it's better these days than going to Silverstone F1.

I'm always interested in the Bonham's auction on the friday

Edited by delfinis38

Just realised i was looking at the grandstand packages oops

to be honest you don't need a grandstand.... last year the audi stand had their own grandstand that served drinks for owners... you just had to show your car key.... most of the other car manufactures do the same bit of hospitality.

My Dad and I are going to the moving motor show on Thursday thanks to free tickets via the AA. Last yr I got free tickets from the DT and it was a great day so really looking forward to it again this year! I'd love to go to one of the other days too so may look into prices but then again I'd like to go to the Revival so may save my money for that...

My Dad and I are going to the moving motor show on Thursday thanks to free tickets via the AA. Last yr I got free tickets from the DT and it was a great day so really looking forward to it again this year! I'd love to go to one of the other days too so may look into prices but then again I'd like to go to the Revival so may save my money for that...

There's a small bunch of us going to the Revival this year, including a couple of friends coming over from Germany - be good to see some more CCGB / forum folks there, Fay! Hoping to get into the spirit of things and dress in appropriate clothing too :)

my Thursday tickets are through the AA..... I've bought tickets for friday

Dad and I have been the last few years and loved it, this year however this year we're giving Silverstone Classic a go.

Will there be any corrados at festival of speed this year?

not in the corrado but I will be there Friday and sat...... got tickets today but not got there yet.

My Dad and I are still queuing to get in - it's taking ages! Good thing we're not in my Corrado as it would have overheated by now...

A friend is on the West Sussex Police stand with a new 911 done up in jam sandwich livery. Look out for Inspector Biggs!

A friend is on the West Sussex Police stand with a new 911 done up in jam sandwich livery. Look out for Inspector Biggs!

2 nice corrados in the car park today sporting ccgb stickers...

Red j plate with about 160 on the clock..... I parked a row behind you.... Made it easier to find my audi when I spotted the red rado thanks....

N plate tidy VR in black with about 100 on the clock.... Shouldn't you have a silver vr badge at the front not red :)

Hope you both enjoyed the day...

Anyone else see Jk's Kermit green la Ferrari... Not sure on the colour...

Edited by delfinis38

That typhoon practices 3 times a day over my house in the spring. That gets annoying but watching it in a setting like Goodwood some how makes it all better!

That typhoon practices 3 times a day over my house in the spring. That gets annoying but watching it in a setting like Goodwood some how makes it all better!

hope the pilot didn't have lunch beforehand.....