Reca

Greetings from Manassas, VA

Hello all,

Just wanted to say hello to all the fellow enthusiast out there. I have been dubbing for over 10years now, and will be till I stop breathing. I am hoping to meet some fellow enthusiast in the area and meet up for a meet or show from time to time. That is all for now.

:thumbleft:

:tumbleweed: There is no way I am the only one out my way lol; is that North Hampton as in, north of NY? if so, I am down for a meet :afro: just not anytime soon lol. I am originally from Bronx, NY.

Edit:

Never mind, I just saw where from another post. It is still a possibility as I intend on visiting Manchester sometime in the distant future.

:thumbleft:

Edited by Reca

David means that there are not many American members on this forum - we're predominantly all based in the UK with only a handful of you guys on the other side of the pond :) What model Corrado do you have?

Got it, I appreciate the feedback Jim.

Believe it or not, I find myself appreciating the forums on the otherside of the Pond more than the ones here in the US of A! People tend to be more polite and considerate on your side. At least that is what I have found with my personal experience. In terms of my Corrado, I am in the mist of purchasing my first Rado, which is a '90 G60 with a 2.0 8v swapped into it. I am going to visit it this weekend to do my walk through of all its systems and drivability. I will take plenty of pics and even a vid or two. As far as VW's I do own; currently I have two Mk1 Sciroccos, a mkiv golf and B5 Passat, though I have owned plenty more. The passat and my '80 Scirocco are on their way out; my '81 Scirocco is my current build and the golf is my gf's daily driver. I am working on making the Rado my daily.

Glad you enjoy the British forums, shame that American forums tend to be rubbish as there is a huge wealth of information over in the states.

VW Vortex is particularly childish. That's just my opinion anyway.

We share that the same Opinion; it is for that reason, I do not have a build thread on VWvortex. Are you far from Manchester?

Yeah, a few hours from Manchester, I'm from the other side of the country, between (the original) Lincoln and Boston about 5 minutes from New York Village (population 180!)

180!? holy crap! I have more than that many people in one project building from where I was raised! You must know EVERYONE lol. How is the VW scene by you?

I move around the country a lot with work but yeah you do get to know everyone! It's quite good around here but the UK as a whole is very good for dub stuff. You don't always see the old stuff but on show days, there's tonnes that come out of the wood work!

Sounds like a blast lol. Have you got much work done to your Rado, I see in your signature you have nice list of parts; is that all in your Rado?

It is official; she should be mine by, late, August.

Photos for your viewing pleasure.

20140608_100808_zps873ecde2.jpg

20140608_100834_zps812eafa2.jpg

20140608_100846_zps9751672c.jpg

20140608_100950_zps51d93c7e.jpg

20140608_121723_zps3e8d5e1a.jpg

20140608_121734_zpsf4aebf2e.jpg

20140608_101147_zps3d12f565.jpg

20140608_101313_zps8c93a3ed.jpg

Thanks, it has a few electrical issues I need to identify. Sunroof only tilts but doesn't slide back and forth; headlights are dim; no cruise control; and the infamous rear wing, which works but only by the push of a button. Drove her for about an hour, I am very pleased to be her new owner.

Brief Vid of her in a park, very unique exhaust IMPO.

Edit:

I forgot to post the Video.

th_20140608_114529_zps3579a0f7.jpg

Thanks, it has a few electrical issues I need to identify. Sunroof only tilts but doesn't slide back and forth; headlights are dim; no cruise control; and the infamous rear wing, which works but only by the push of a button. Drove her for about an hour, I am very pleased to be her new owner.

Welcome Reca! Nice to have another fella from over the water, im sure you will find us a nice happy helpful bunch here :D

Your purchase is looking good, glad your enjoying it so far & good luck with the work. I will definitely be reading your Rocco build thread

G0ldf1ng3r:

I appreciate the welcome, I will hopefully have some progress going on the Rocco in another month or two; currently on hold due to other financial restrictions.

Inkarnata:

Yes, Ef Electrical issues!

If you thought Man-asses was funny; the county over is Dumfries... people living on the border, between counties, are known as Dumassas! :bonk:

Ok, all corny jokes aside, I am really happy to be the new owner of her. I was lucky enough to find some Clear Turn signals that are undamaged; needless to say, They are already on their way! Now to find some yellow fogs :o

I think that will be about all I am going to do to the exterior. I may consider adding red/clear tails and if I can find them, clear side markers but not a 100% sure yet.

ARZ tuning in Germany have a yellow fog but for one side only. They were for the French Market iirc, so worth looking on ebay.fr or trolling for french companies that may sell them.