chazrad

CCGB Road Trip Around Wales - 4-7 Sep 14 (SEE P3 - FREE PLACE!)

Just to announce initial details of the CCGB road trip around Wales to be run from Thu 4-Sun 7 Sep 14. Full details are on the CCGB website at the link below.

http://www.corradoclubgb.co.uk/ccgb16/index.php?option=com_kunena&func=view&catid=4&id=6959&Itemid=190#6959

A chance to take your car to drive on some of the finest roads in the UK with a load of similar-minded individuals in similar cars. Taking in the Brecon Beacons, Black Mountains, Elan Valley, Devil's Bridge, roads around Bala Lake and Betws-y-Coed including the Evo Triangle to name but a few. Staying in B&Bs or you can camp if you wish. Open to all CCGB members.

Register your interest on the thread on the CCGB site by Fri 19 July to allow me time to book accommodation.

Rgds

Charlie

Edited by chazrad

What a great idea!

Unfortunately I'm at a wedding that weekend and won't be able to make it :(

Brilliant idea, used to do a similar thing with CRX-UK, camp on the Gower for the weekend and a group of us would drive the black mountains, awesome roads.

I'm definitely thinking about this, however I have one concern, the CRX boys always made sure their weekend in September didn't coincide with the school holidays, although the roads in Wales are awesome they can be pretty miserable if filled with 'holiday makers'

Rog.

Brilliant idea, used to do a similar thing with CRX-UK, camp on the Gower for the weekend and a group of us would drive the black mountains, awesome roads.

I'm definitely thinking about this, however I have one concern, the CRX boys always made sure their weekend in September didn't coincide with the school holidays, although the roads in Wales are awesome they can be pretty miserable if filled with 'holiday makers'

Rog.

Good point regards the school holidays. I reckon those dates are right at the end of the hols?! But, not having children or knowing anyone with school age children I wouldn't really Know. I generally try and avoid school holidays for organising trips or anything really. Those times much more expensive, busier roads and 'screechy' tantrums (that's just the parents!)

I like the idea of this, will check my diary. I camped at Devils Bridge a few weeks back but went in the Passat Wagon and so wanted to be driving the Rado.

Registered my interest Charlie. I reckon the school kids might go back around Tues the 2nd, but could be wrong?

Ian.

you should all enjoy these roads and the lush green scenery.

shame its not the first weekend in august as there is a big show in Carmarthen that weekend.

I would love to do this but I'm on holiday in Australia. Charlie - hope you get sufficient numbers as this is exactly what CCGB should be doing each year

I would love to do this but I'm on holiday in Australia. Charlie - hope you get sufficient numbers as this is exactly what CCGB should be doing each year

Exactly but it seem's to come down to club individual's taking it upon themselves to organise thing's like this the people who should be doing it don't (unless it is an event within 30 min's driving of their abode) :salute: to Chazrad for trying to organise

Exactly but it seem's to come down to club individual's taking it upon themselves to organise thing's like this the people who should be doing it don't (unless it is an event within 30 min's driving of their abode) :salute: to Chazrad for trying to organise

Thats very harsh imo - remember that club officials are not paid a penny and organising something like this is no easy task. Don't forget all the shows that are organised for members. There was another trip to Scotland a couple of years ago so they do happen - IIRC not may went on that but I imagine it took a lot of organising.

Thats very harsh imo - remember that club officials are not paid a penny and organising something like this is no easy task. Don't forget all the shows that are organised for members. There was another trip to Scotland a couple of years ago so they do happen - IIRC not may went on that but I imagine it took a lot of organising.

Maybe a little harsh but thing's have to be said sometime's they may not go down well but they still have to be said ;)

Not sure that's a fair statement. The club is run by all it's members, it's not the job of the committee to organise every single event.

Eric does a grand job on behalf of the committee to organising the stands etc at various shows all over the uk and in the past has organised big trips to far off lands, all alongside other forum and CCGB members.

Good on Charlie for organising this, I'm sure it'll be amazing and I only wish I was free to go.

Not sure that's a fair statement. The club is run by all it's members, it's not the job of the committee to organise every single event.

Eric does a grand job on behalf of the committee to organising the stands etc at various shows all over the uk and in the past has organised big trips to far off lands, all alongside other forum and CCGB members.

Good on Charlie for organising this, I'm sure it'll be amazing and I only wish I was free to go.

No offence Mic but you would say that as the majority of the organised show's are round your patch. I was not having a personal go at Eric so I feel you are out of order bringing his name into it and it wasn't a statement Mic it was a point of view.

I think the ccgb does a wonderful job considering how few active members it has spread over such a wide area. Just a shame that not everyone can be pleased all the time.

I think the ccgb does a wonderful job considering how few active members it has spread over such a wide area. Just a shame that not everyone can be pleased all the time.

You going on the road trip then Sean??

Nah I got other things non corrado related happening in my world at the time.

I'll need to join ccgb again though as my membership lapsed a few years ago now.

Nah I got other things non corrado related happening in my world at the time.

I'll need to join ccgb again though as my membership lapsed a few years ago now.

Beter late than as they say

Chaps,

Good to see this is generating interest (and debate!) here. Delighted its what some of you want to see and be involved with. Can I ask those of you who want to be added to the list to head over to the CCGB site to register interest in the appropriate thread under 'Club Announcements'. That way I have a centralised list of who I need to be dealing with re updates for this. Thanks. Charlie

Beter late than as they say

Maybe over the next few weeks, maybe next year depending on what my summer calender evolves into...

Just checked the web for school holiday dates in England and Wales and you'll be pleased to hear that children go back to school on 3 September. Result!!

Hi CCGB members should you not be discussing ccgb subjects on this site try using your own site more often then you will not be missing anything !