DriverVR6

One of the things that annoys me....

Why is it that when someone is selling some front seats or the whole car they ALWAYS seem to forget, or intentionally avoid, taking a picture of the drivers seat lower and upper outer seat bolsters.

This is the bit that shows the true wear and tear!!

Yet they always seem to take excellent photos of the rear seats and the passenger front seat!!

Why is it that when someone is selling some front seats or the whole car they ALWAYS seem to forget, or intentionally avoid, taking a picture of the drivers seat lower and upper outer seat bolsters.

This is the bit that shows the true wear and tear!!

Yet they always seem to take excellent photos of the rear seats and the passenger front seat!!

:lol::lol: Hit the nail on the head. I actually go through all the pic's knowing the pic isn't going to be there but still do it and it still annoy's me :lol:

It's not just me then!! This is one thing that gets my goat - I always think they do it deliberately 'cos the bolsters are worn but why not be honest?

Mine have been used for 220,000miles and hardly worn. Don't get how people make such a mess of them.

I think it depends on the size of the occupant, and the number of journeys, rather than the mileage.

Hahaha yep totally agree. Like the old Auto Trader ads "light nearside front damage" accompanied by a picture of the offside rear

Agreed! Easiest way if you only want to take one photo is one through passenger door.

The amount of cars for sale I see with NO interior photos is just as boggling!

Or the description reads good condition but slight wear to the drivers seat. Then it looks like its been through a beavers rave party !

Another good one is the normal wear and tear for a 20 year old car.

Just because the other 3 seats are in great condition always bumps the price up. How many cars have 4 passengers in it every time it gets driven? lol

My thoughts are that owners can't hide a bad seat, they should be up front about it and then they gain credit for being truthful. Oh well

Lol, yep! People selling cars seem to think their audience are stupid and won't notice an obvious lack of driver's side shots. As already said, why not just be honest! It saves all the awkwardness and wasted journeys.

Why isn't there a company called "We Buy Any Car - 4 U". I'd happily pay someone a fee for buying a car on my behalf as it saves all the messing about taking time off work, travelling half way across the country and dealing with liars.

I think it depends on the size of the occupant, and the number of journeys, rather than the mileage.

He's not a big lad :D I agree though. How often do you see people sitting on the bolsters when working on their cars or cleaning the interiors etc!!!

Why isn't there a company called "We Buy Any Car - 4 U". I'd happily pay someone a fee for buying a car on my behalf as it saves all the messing about taking time off work, travelling half way across the country and dealing with liars.

Mmmmm. . . . New business opportunity me thinks! I'll do it for a (cough) 'small charge'

. . . but yes if sellers were honest (everyone on this forum seem to be honest) you'd probably never buy a used car ever again.