Trackslag

2.5" Stainless Steel, mandrel bent, tig welded exhaust systems

I went to the Mk1 owners AGM this weekend and got speaking to a chap who had bought one of our downpipes for his Corrado 1.8t conversion.

He got to asking about exhaust systems and I was surprised to hear that there's not much choice for you.

Is this something worth us pursuing? :)

I would have thought the answer to that would be yes but not 2 and a 1/2 , just the standard 2 and a 1/4 is what i would have thought most people would be interested in

A well thought out 2.5" feels nice on the Corrado VR6. Doesn't seem to kill the bottom end like a lot of aftermarket exhausts do, especially when you bin the cats off for a straight bit of pipe.

Id' be interested in a very quiet 2.5" system for my R32!

Options are indeed limited. I have researched for quite a few hours & it really narrows down to either:

powerflow - I used BMC in the midlands many moons ago to fit a manifold back full stainless system on my valver a long time ago & it still looks fantastic now ive brought that car back again BUT the guarantee is limited & you have to / are meant to take it back to them each year to get checked

longlife - from what ive read on their site & in terms of reviews & the fact they provide the only lifetime guarantee ive seen which is transferable between owners & thus a true lifetime guarantee for the exhaust itself. this is currently my most favourable option having spoken with the owner of the dealership but i have never seen or heard one in real life

custom made - turbo thomas in redditch for example makes superb quality custom solutions but wow it would be expensive. I did also see the custom exhaust vince at stealth fabricated & fitted to n3p's VRT & it looked very neat & tidy. i think n3p is happy with it too

Post deleted by Nigel - apologies for the inadvertent spamming of another trader's thread

Edited by NigelO
oops!

Nigel I'd say people would be interested but at the same time I'm sure track slag actually owns a tuning company aswell and is not just an average user organising a group buy of a company

I'd say start a new thread and offer yours if the rules allow you to do so other wise you might be stepping on his toes a tad

No offence bud ohh and welcome

Ah - when TrackSlag mentioned "is this something worth us pursuing" I was wondering whether he was referring to "us" as his own company, or just the forum generally

No offence intended and apologies for hijacking the thread - Mods feels free to delete my posts if required

Hi Nige, probably easier if you edit your post.

I Didn't know that dubpower did one?

This is ours for the Mk2 Golf [ATTACH=CONFIG]79360[/ATTACH]

The 2.25" version, as used in the Dunlop mk2 championship takes class wins and fastest laps in every round.

All that and still reading between 86-96db at 3/4 revs static!

Check out the video on our downpipe thread further up the page :-)

Hi Nige, probably easier if you edit your post.

I Didn't know that dubpower did one?

This is ours for the Mk2 Golf [ATTACH=CONFIG]79360[/ATTACH]

The 2.25" version, as used in the Dunlop mk2 championship takes class wins and fastest laps in every round.

All that and still reading between 86-96db at 3/4 revs static!

Check out the video on our downpipe thread further up the page :-)

I have a dubpower one on mine inc 6 branch manifold

I'm just installing an R32 into my Corrado and exhaust systems are massively limited for me. I've managed to get one made from the standard VR6 exhaust but will be wanting a proper manifold once its on the road. The dubpower ones I have heard are very nicely made but apparently designed for the mk2 golf and I have heard quite a few people say the fitment isn't quite right and at £370 I would want it perfect! As for united motorsport firstly they are designed for mk4 downpipes and secondly they are impossible to get hold of, not a company I would want to deal with.

So if there is a chance of getting an R32 conversion manifold made I'd definitely be intersted