Erallus

Passed my Bike test Yesterday!

As per the title, got through it with no recorded faults, well chuffed.

Any other two wheeled fans on here?

Probably going to have to wait until I can get a bike though. It's a shame VW don't do Motorcycles! :cheers:

Top work mate, well done.

Been riding since I was 16, got my full licence as soon as I could. It's a fantastic biking world out there my only advice is take it easy to start with, get some experience and as much additional training (road and skills days) as you can. Make yourself safe now rather than later.

And if you've not got a bike try to keep the skills up to date, borrow or hire a bike, if you can.

Cool :) I'm taking my CBT next week! (Actually my wife and I are taking it together, strangely managed to book it for our wedding anniversary!). Aiming to follow through and get full licence as soon as possible afterwards. Planning on getting an older CBR600f :)

Well done!

I did my CBT nearly 16 months ago and subsequently failed to actually sort out a bike or any further lessons, but I do plan to try get my full license eventually. Couldn't believe how much fun it was just riding the 125 around on the roads.. can't imagine what a big superbike must be like!

Cheers all!

Passed on a 2006 Honda CBF600 - borrowed from the learners school. Been a great learner bike, so I've got my unrestricted license, don't want anything silly though, as suggested above. Can't believe how simple bikes are to work on. Won't be selling the Corrado to fund one though!

Alot of people seem to pass CBT and stick with that out of choice, I was speaking to a bloke who's done it for the tenth time :o and likes nipping round on his lambretta in the summer. Takes all sorts.

Well done!

I did my CBT nearly 16 months ago and subsequently failed to actually sort out a bike or any further lessons, but I do plan to try get my full license eventually. Couldn't believe how much fun it was just riding the 125 around on the roads.. can't imagine what a big superbike must be like!

There's nothing like riding a fast bike, even my old Daytona 675 would do the best part of 160mph and 0-60 in sub 3secs. You have to be careful though and I found I enjoyed riding slower on the roads and doing a load of trackdays instead for the speed.

Be wary of the 'you'll end up as an organ donor' brigade. As long as you ride appropriately and assume everyone else on the road is going to do something stupid then you'll be able to avoid 99.9999% of the usual dangers so just ignore those people and enjoy yourself.

I'd also recommend getting along to some local meets or ride outs. You find most clubs aren't as cliquey as the car world and are very accepting of new riders.

I did my CBT last Wednesday!

I nearly put up a very similar post to see how many other bikers there are on here...

I have just bought a cbf 125 to get some practice and experience on. It's great fun, even though it won't do much more than 70! :-)

Be wary of the 'you'll end up as an organ donor' brigade. As long as you ride appropriately and assume everyone else on the road is going to do something stupid then you'll be able to avoid 99.9999% of the usual dangers so just ignore those people and enjoy yourself.

I'd also recommend getting along to some local meets or ride outs. You find most clubs aren't as cliquey as the car world and are very accepting of new riders.

Had plenty of that all ready! Most of work infact - " do you get a donor card when you pass" etc etc, Alot of people really are anti bike in this country.

Yeah will do, there always seems to be loads of things happening in the Midlands.

Rode for years, had all manner of sportsbikes then went down the KTM superduke route, into trackdays then finally started racing. Gave it up a couple of years ago and do miss it but I dont regret it for an instant.

I however would not get another road bike, I trust myself completely but its the other people on the road I had no faith in and could never get the same buzz after the trackdays/racing. Enjoy it but keep the sensible hat on.

Done mine about 15 years ago - had two hours training on a Tuesday afternoon, took a test cancellation on the Wednesday morning and passed! Had loads of Vespas and a couple of Lambrettas. Pretty much every summer I fancy getting myself back on two wheels but not sure I ever will now...

Congratulations. I passed my full test back in March. First bike was a suzuki gsxr 600 srad but just sold that and I now have a kawasaki ZX6R.

Riding a bike is so much more fun than a car. The freedome you have is amazing and the proformanc of the machines is just mind boggling. R

Just keep an eye out for the idiots on the road tho. But just ride at your pace and slowly build your confidence up. If you go out riding with others and feel you're falling behind don't worry or try and push yourself. If they are decent guys they will wait for you, if not then they ent worth riding with.

Have fun and ride safe

Congratulations on passing your bike test, take care out there!

I've had a bike license over 33 years now, passed it a few months before the car and still prefer two wheels over four. I currently ride a BMW R1200GSA for commuting nine or ten months of the year (only leave it at home when there's a chance of deep white stuff) and touring, we rode 3,500 miles in three weeks last year going to Greece and back!