Bigdave

Corrado vr6 won't start

I have only had it over a week and I am already thinking of selling as it's one thing after another, but anyway my latest problem is my mate plugged in a diagnostic machine to my car as it's of a cylinder and now it won't start. I have ignition lights and the battery is sall good and the fuel pump is kicking in but it still won't start. Is there a safety cut off or do they have some other immobiliser. Thanks David

Ignition switch or starter motor would be my guess. If you have a multimeter church for voltage at the starter when you try to turn it over. It could be immobiliser if it's an aftermarket system, so worth ruling that out too, but the factory immobiliser will allow the car to start for a second or 2, then cut out.

Ignition switch or starter motor would be my guess. If you have a multimeter church for voltage at the starter when you try to turn it over. It could be immobiliser if it's an aftermarket system, so worth ruling that out too, but the factory immobiliser will allow the car to start for a second or 2, then cut out.

thanks mate. There is no alarm in the car as it was disconnected when I bought the car, it won't even turn over its just one thing after another.

If your prob is the ignition switch, a regular issue with all

Corrados, then try running a fly wire from Battery live to the starter motor ignition feed terminal. With the ignition switched on ( lights on in dash display) touch the fly wire to the starter ignition terminal which will energise the starter and engine should start. Clearly there will be another issue if this fails to work.

Thanks for the kind offer roger but I am in belfast northern ireland so it would be a bit of a treck for you lol.

I will stick with it fo now but any more problems and its going up the road.

Well I found the problem. It was a bad earth behind the dash causing all the bother but it is now up and running but for how long lol.

It will challenge you over and over again, its what there like.:o

Kind of have to try and enjoy the fixing and fiddling. I do, but then I don't need to rely on it as daily transport.

Glad you sorted it