ross k

vinnie the blackberry vr6,full electric recaros full stainless exhaust and amg pentas

right update gave the car a good clean and she cleaned up pretty well the handling is so much better after doing the top mounts only issue is the car doesnt start that well it turns over fine but wont fire unless you give it a little throttle and then it will start fine anyone got any ideas

here some pics

the coilovers from when i did the top mounts pretty sure these are joms? not the aps as advertised

DSC_1905.jpg

the air filter think it needed changing ?

DSC_1907.jpg

DSC_1909.jpg

DSC_1908.jpg

DSC_1910.jpg

now got to sort the sump as it leaks very badly when the cars warm

Yeh wheels are horrid mate only on it so i can drive it decided to keep the amg pentas so they will be back on once i get some steel adaptors

id wanna keep my miltek tbh but if you do find a substitute exhaust and want to sell the ashley give us a shout. its a straight through isn't it?

I take it its the hanger type

update took the corrado to its first car show had lots of good reponses and met two other owners which was nice anyway heres a few pics from the show and a couple of rolling shots

carshow3.jpg

carshow4.jpg

carshow.jpg

carshow2.jpg

the car is getting their managed to get the sump welded and it seem ok now, did an oil change at the same time but i still need a speed sensor and to change the exhaust. I have bad juddering under braking i think it may be warped disks also the handling is better but still not right you get to a corner and it just feels like the car wants to carry on and understear nothing like any of my previous corrados does anyone have any suggestions?

on a seperate note the car isnt as quick as i would hope above 4000 revs it pulls like a train but below that seems to lack torque and just doesnt pick up that well to be honest given the choice i would much rather take my old abf 16v for a thrash is this just how the vr6 lump is ?

180,000 i feared you may say that but it has a recipt for a top end rebuild from vw including chains etc at 150,000 beginning to loose faith

180,000 i feared you may say that but it has a recipt for a top end rebuild from vw including chains etc at 150,000 beginning to loose faith

From what I can gather you may not been told the truth up till now so why would that receipt add up. I feel your pain bud I got rid of a Corrado with immaculate engine/running gear for one where well let's not get started suffice to say that if it was judgement day seller would be in flame's as we speak. Too many *********s about these day's buddy well done on what you have done so far good work :thumbleft:

i think the recipt is truthful as it was from the previous owner before the guy i brought it from and theres a stack of recipts from that same dealer for various bits. Whats the best course of action of things to check on the engine i drove it 80 miles to the show and it didnt burn a drop of oil it ran about 80-90c water temp and oil was around 100-110 in traffic if thats any good really dont want to break this but theres so much to do the list as follows

new disks

new speed sensor

a couple of rust repairs

ball joints or such to sort the handling

and the performance the car pops and bangs quite alot so could it be running rich?

The characteristics of the VR are quite low torque below 3.5k rpm, that said I'd still say it's on par with an abf. Being a heavy lump it doesn't have to turn in precision of the others either, but again something doesn't sound right. The fact it has been lowered so much and now has been raised, suggests suspension and alignment setup is probably way out. It's a sad fact that when buying a quite heavily modified car, you really need to know what to look for. Not many do it the right way unfortunately, then flog it on when they realise they've built a dog to an unsuspecting buyer.

you'll also get more than average popping and banging from a straight through de-cat exhaust than a silenced one, pulsing brakes would be more like warped discs, juddering may be abs?

ok cheers for the advice guys think ill get it into a garage to get the tracking etc done as far as handling goes and go from their sean the performance sounds pretty simular to what mine is think i just miss how freely the 16v revved cheers again i shall soldier on and get it plugged into vagcom and see if it tells me theirs anything wrong

update got to love an ebay bargain brought this little lot for a whole 10 pound its a shame its all been powder coated well orange and white but im going to repaint it pretty sure the orange wouldnt go with the colour of my car at all

inlet.jpg

quite like the white manifold, not sure on the orange tho' there was a chap who had a corrado with orange interior, could be from that

well painted the inlet all ready to install its crackle black but i was expecting matt but it came out gloss so not sure about it really

DSC_1968.jpg

Have you painted crackle before? It's a real git to get right, it needs painting on quite thick and heating up quite a lot to get it to wrinkle. I know when I did mine it took me a few times!

no i hadnt painted it before like you say weird stuff. Took the car for a good run and got it on the motorway i feel like the vr6 makes alot more sense on the motorway it ran great and pulled really well also picked up a set of new disks and pads for the front and will set about fitting them tommorow

update just been doing bits on the car and managed to get the speedo going turned out the head of the sensor had come unclipped so rather happy about that also discovered that the abs light is on and the previous owner had just unplugged it what are the first things i should be checking ?

Vag com it, could be anything, abs sensor, abs unit, broken wire. I've had a broken sensor and another occasion where I unplugged a sensor, cleaned the terminals and plugged it back in and it was fine.

that manifold looks brilliant! Fit some nice polished engine bay bits (brackets, clamps, screws etc) and it will set it off nicely.

cheers fla thats the plan anyone got any tips on cleaning the inside of the inlet out before it goes on dont want to risk any grit or sand getting in my engine