ChrisL

Tidy VR6 on Ebay

If anyone's viewed it could they let me know I'm interested in it buts it's a big trek from where I live, looks very tidy bad thoughts of upgrading my c.

Edited by liam_raddo

I warn any enthusiast of German cars to stay well away from their website - they list so many unbelievably awesome cars! :) I've lusted after a lot of stuff they've had up for sale.

(their website is here if you want a drool: http://www.4starclassics.com/cars/)

Don't be fooled by the decent pictures.

£13K for a Golf VR6. £11K for a MK2 8V. £11K for a Mini. :scratch:

I reckon my ED30 would have cost £15K through them, but I paid £9K for it.

I'm not fooled by decent pictures. They do have nice cars on there though! I've seen that MK3 VR6. No MK3 Golf is worth that sort of money but it is absolutely immaculate and virtually as new.

No because it still has a 16 year old chassis and probably only done short journeys. All £13K buys you is fewer stone chips and a mint interior. If the car hasn't had regular air flow over, under and through it in 16 years, it stands just as good a chance of corroding, unless it's been stored in an temp / humidity controlled garage.

I'm all for paying a premium for looked after cars, but that's just ridiculous. Not even Volkswizard are that expensive.

If anyone's viewed it could they let me know I'm interested in it buts it's a big trek from where I live, looks very tidy bad thoughts of upgrading my c.

I popped in and had a nose at it today as its not far from me.

TBH it's not as nice as it looks in the pics, had lots of paint which is obvious as they hadn't done the mirrors or drivers door shut which really showed up as it was pretty scuffed and the mirrors were discoloured. I got the impression it had been tarted up for sale rather than being a cherished well cared for car. That said the interior was excellent apart from the screw holes in the dash, all front lamps looked like they were fairly new.

It badly needs new roof gutter trims, suspension parts were a bit scabby and when i lifted the bonnet the expansion bottle was empty.

Hope that helps.

Had a nose around while i was in there & there were some lovely cars in there , the Llasa green Mk1 was immaculate & 2 stunning 993's

I popped in and had a nose at it today as its not far from me.

TBH it's not as nice as it looks in the pics, had lots of paint which is obvious as they hadn't done the mirrors or drivers door shut which really showed up as it was pretty scuffed and the mirrors were discoloured. I got the impression it had been tarted up for sale rather than being a cherished well cared for car. That said the interior was excellent apart from the screw holes in the dash, all front lamps looked like they were fairly new.

It badly needs new roof gutter trims, suspension parts were a bit scabby and when i lifted the bonnet the expansion bottle was empty.

Hope that helps.

Had a nose around while i was in there & there were some lovely cars in there , the Llasa green Mk1 was immaculate & 2 stunning 993's

Thanks for sharing that for that money I would be looking for something better, guess these guys need to make there a profit. Still a great website though.

Looks like they have dropped £1k off this now now £5.5k must stop looking...

Thanks for sharing that for that money I would be looking for something better, guess these guys need to make there a profit. Still a great website though.

Guess what is trying to have its MOT at my work today!?...

Trying..? As in... it's not going to pass? :)

It failed the first time, they couldn't get it started, the second time the alarm wouldn't stop going off, which got very annoying very quickly! I'm not sure if it passed in the end! But the testers kept muttering how badly put in the alarm was and how bad the paint was....

They want some serious money for them though - they had a concours MKI GTi a while back which was around the £20k mark

4 Star look after my E30 325 'vert and they do know their onions. Always top money motors, but they do sell them..

They're supposed to be selling a friends MK1 Scirocco imminently - so be interesting to see that when it goes up for sale :)