fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Yes mk2 sample on its way . Should be the final edition but need to test it first.

Hi karmannski, did you get the mk2 tested

Yes, mk2 was tested long time ago, mk3 recently and I go for mk2 (best result) I have ordered 50 sets and waiting for them to come. Will let you all know once they in. I did not order more because I need to

Be sure that they will arrive safe as they are easy to bend like windows scrapers.

Any idea on cost yet please, and I gather Mk 2 is the best for the Corrado. What happened in the pic.

This was just sample that arrived and was not secured right .

That's about the going rate for them Chuggs.

Thought wealthy Chuggs would snap them up.... :) he's got a lovely shinny veedub badge now...

Just pulling your leg Chuggs.. It unfortunately is the going rate.

Just messaged this one... This is for one side only.... Both sides are 600 Euro... Haha having a laugh.

this is a prime example of what I was saying the other day

I don't understand how people will pay SO much for ancillary items which are non functional but then people try to pay pennies for an actual corrado car if they can

fecking crazy world

The sooner these reproductions get done the better, so people aren't getting screwed on stupid pieces like this.

The sooner these reproductions get done the better, so people aren't getting screwed on stupid pieces like this.

Yes but that's exactly what they will be Jim "reproductions" it all boils down to the individual, those who are being"screwed" are obviously quite happy about it or they wouldn't be buying them.

Yeah but my point is there are plenty of people out there who want to get (in the case of these roof trims) a piece of trim on the roof, who aren't necessarily too concerned about having genuine original parts and are happy to have something which is a 95% original reproduction piece. They're caught up in this stupid price hiking for 'rare' parts and I think overall it damages the scene for a lot of owners as they're priced out of the market.

So... as I say... the sooner affordable alternatives are on the market so that not everyone is caught in the trap of having to pay these prices, the better. If some folks are happy to pay very high prices for original obsolete parts then that's really up to them - I can understand it on mint concourse Corrado examples, definitely. Originality is king in those circumstances!

indeed it is nuts!

if for example you managed to pick up a nice rado for 4K & then these roof strips for 600 - the maths is such that the roof rails were 15% of total cost of car.....WTF!!

I know what you are saying Jim . Fog lights are next

yup, in fact I would say they are nearly there too

makes me stupidly happy ive got a pair of genuine hella fog lenses in a box ready to fit to the VR

BUT also makes me think to keep them & sell them in a few years as I could probably buy another rado with the proceeds lol

I am seriously considering removing the roof trims off the VR, cutting away the decomposing rubber (which from what I can tell has no actual function unless you fit a roof rack), sanding & painting the trim & then refit with car body tape after cleaning the channel

after all, it is simply a gutter channel under the roof trim & said trims are only there for roof racks

I have also thought about how the look would be if the roof trims were removed & the channel cleaned & polished, leaving a shiny gutter

Thought wealthy Chuggs would snap them up.... :) he's got a lovely shinny veedub badge now...

Just pulling your leg Chuggs.. It unfortunately is the going rate.

Lol - mine will stay as is then in that case - too rich for even me! haha!