fitcy

Corrado Roof Moulding/trim Strips

Yes, mk2 was tested long time ago, mk3 recently and I go for mk2 (best result) I have ordered 50 sets and waiting for them to come. Will let you all know once they in. I did not order more because I need to

Be sure that they will arrive safe as they are easy to bend like windows scrapers.

Not 50 but 250 sets are on order now, as the factory rejected my request of 50 sets, will be here me with in next 2-3 weeks.

And I'm hoping to offer them for ~£80 per set so that is £40 per side. But it still may change slightly. Lets just hope thay will arrive safely and all will be the same quality.

Happy Hallowen

Not 50 but 250 sets are on order now, as the factory rejected my request of 50 sets, will be here me with in next 2-3 weeks.

And I'm hoping to offer them for ~£80 per set so that is £40 per side. But it still may change slightly. Lets just hope thay will arrive safely and all will be the same quality.

Happy Hallowen

Top work and that sounds much more realistic! Thanks for your hard work

Happy Hallowen

excellent newsd - thank you Karmannski for persevering

Nice work Karmanski. Just wondered if you have ever looked into getting the window scrapers re produced? I think there would be a high demand for these aswell.

Pretty sure you'll be able to sell all 250 sets eventually. There should be enough demand especially at such a reasonable price.

Window scraper seals would definitely be hot property too if you wanted something else to look into!

If people are willing to pay £600 for two strips of plastic they deserve everything they get (and that's coming from someone who will pay almost whatever to get what they want, but even I have a stupidity level) Unfortunately it does have a knock on effect as anyone with a set of NOS ones will hike their price up and up. Hopefully the ease of availability of repro ones should bring the genuine ones down to a reasonable level. Probably not though - a fool and his money...

Well done Karmannski,

All the work you have done on this is appreciated.

You have pitched these at a very reasonable price and hopefully you will get a good uptake on them.

Dougie

Are the window scrapers no longer available then? I managed to get both sides from Heritage when I had my car resprayed.

Doesn't look like it. Someone posted the other day that they tried heritage and was told they no longer had them. They was showing near side only last time I looked.

I reckon £80 a set is a bargain for these, will probably work out at around £100 posted, I'd imagine? so compared to the current offerings it's a bargain, and it's a decent amount of part for your money! I get really irritated when I see little twee bits of plastic (like dash button blanks) for £40 or so, crazy prices!

Put me down for a set as/when you get some, Karmmanski, anything up to £120 the set and it'll be golden, I reckon.

Happy Hallowen

You can put me down for a set too. / many thks for tour efforts and let us know when you are ready ref to payments, shipping etc. Thks.

Hi guys

Window scrapers are doable too.

Same technic, once I will get my $$$$ back from this deal I will consider this.

The trims are coming without clips, but old are fine just required but of DIY. I also recommend 3m dual tape 6-9mm that was used in original trims to secure them.

Once the trims will arrive I will set the saling point somewhere in the net.

Postage should not be more than £15 in the postal tubes with filers.

Took long time but I hope that it will be a good repro.

I will keep you all up to date.

Adios Corradores!

Looking forward to seeing the finished result! If my car hasn't sold by the time you get these, I will definitely be having some :)

I don't understand why members are getting so worked up over the price people ask for car parts (which are obsolete).

It reminds me when i used to get all worked up when friends tried to impress me with their expensive items. But Action men and Star Wars toys don't bother me anymore, i don't get jealous anymore, i've 'grown up' and learned to understand that people can afford things which i can't!

I needed and wanted as much cash as i could get for those Roof Mouldings. Putting aside all the bad press i got here (from some members), i did manage to sell them on 'Ebay', and surprisingly enough to a member here on Corrado.net!

Below is a Private Message i received from the buyer (I'm sure an Admin can verify it, and other messages i've received)...

15th July 2015

Hello Fitcy,

thanks mate for the roof strips,

they were delivered on Monday but unfortunately I was out, so collected the parcel on Tuesday morning

from my local Royal Mail sorting office.

Top notch service mate and the roof strips are spot on, nice one.

PS mate just ignore all the negative people / comments on here,

you do what you want to do.

Thanks again

XXXXXXX

There are people more than happy to pay for something they want!

An original obsolete item is far more expensive than a Chinese knock off!

And well done karmannski for all the hard work you put into this venture, you saved me the bother mate!

I Agee with the above comment, I have another spare set of these roof trims after just fitting a set to my newly painted baby. I'm not interested in selling for £600. I wouldn't fit these to a car that wasn't in new paint looking great that I'd just bought for 3k. Each to there own it's a free world, don't judge people to your limits and sentiment

L

I don't understand why members are getting so worked up over the price people ask for car parts (which are obsolete).

It reminds me when i used to get all worked up when friends tried to impress me with their expensive items. But Action men and Star Wars toys don't bother me anymore, i don't get jealous anymore, i've 'grown up' and learned to understand that people can afford things which i can't!

I needed and wanted as much cash as i could get for those Roof Mouldings. Putting aside all the bad press i got here (from some members), i did manage to sell them on 'Ebay', and surprisingly enough to a member here on Corrado.net!

Below is a Private Message i received from the buyer (I'm sure an Admin can verify it, and other messages i've received)...

15th July 2015

Hello Fitcy,

thanks mate for the roof strips,

they were delivered on Monday but unfortunately I was out, so collected the parcel on Tuesday morning

from my local Royal Mail sorting office.

Top notch service mate and the roof strips are spot on, nice one.

PS mate just ignore all the negative people / comments on here,

you do what you want to do.

Thanks again

XXXXXXX

There are people more than happy to pay for something they want!

An original obsolete item is far more expensive than a Chinese knock off!

And well done karmannski for all the hard work you put into this venture, you saved me the bother mate!

He must have been chuffed to send you all those kisses!

Waaay off topic but....

Fitcy, I once owned a triumph spitfire that had a plate on the dashboard from the supplying dealer in Enniskillen, but cant for the life of me remember the name of the garage, any ideas?

BIL6866 where are you now?

Anyways, back on topic.

Anyone is entitled to ask what price they want for something they own, and similarly people will pay whatever something is worth to them. Yes this is the internet and we are all entitled to view our opinion, but the first two facts will always remain.